Support Forums

Full Version: Dad taking custody of me in June?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My dad is going to court to take full physical custody of me. Has anyone ever gone through this procedure? Can you tell me what the Judge asks you? I'm really afraid & excited & happy & sad that this is happening. Ugh, mind is in a cloud right now. Who has been through this?
My parents have been divorced since I was 7-8 (processing and stuff). My mom has custody of me, but I can leave whenever I want to move with my dad. I'm 16 atm. The judge will mostly ask you stuff about the situation. If your dad claims your mom is abusive or a drug user they may bring it up. Depending on your age it is really up to you.
wow thats huge change for yourlife, my parents divorced but i was 18 when it happend so idont know much about it
Never happened to me but I have a friend who does. Her father tried to get a full custody of her but she said she wants to stick with her mom, since she didn't know much about his dad who left her when she was young and now trying to retrieve her from her mother. What an butthead isn't it.
My parents have been divorced since I was really little, so I never had to go in front of a judge; however, I have known others who have. They’ve said that experience is very simple and straight forward. The judge will ask you multiple questions that will all depend on the situation you’re in and what information they’ve gotten from your parents. I have heard in some cases they even ask who you want to live with, but I’m not sure if they do that with every situation. It’s a scary situation, but you’ll get through it just fine. Just be as honest and truthful as you can possibly be.
Find a strong bond between your father and don't bring up your mother a lot, what seems to work for me that is. Don't be like "Mom use to do whatever" or "I use to be able to do whatever cause Mom let me". Try to get him to help you in troubled times and find your comfort zone within where you're gonna be living sooner or later.
My dad already knows the situation, and he knows that I absolutely HATE my mom. I'm not going to go too deep into it, but I never want to see what turned my brother into what he is today again. Never, ever again.
What is wrong with living with your mother? Asking out of curiosity.
(03-09-2011, 03:52 PM)NekoChan Wrote: [ -> ]What is wrong with living with your mother? Asking out of curiosity.

He said he didn't want to go into detail about it.
My parents divorced when I was like...3. So I don't remember anything. Do you like your dad? Just answer the questions truthfully.
Pages: 1 2