Support Forums

Full Version: Need someone to explain me a few things.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello guys.

I've been trying to read about SEO, Backlinks etc., but I still don't get how they work fully.

If anyone is up for a little convo on Msn, I'd be so gratefull.

Msn: nomis1000@hotmail.com

Please tell me, if you're going to add me, so I can accept Smile.

Thanks in advance!
SEO is when you optimize your site to suit the algorithms Search Engines use the best.
Search Engines crawl the web 24/7, and their job is the find relevant information based on the input of an user. This process follows rules to determine the number in a list of results, based onthat number the site will be shown in result.
SEO uses techniques like, backlinks, to spread word of the page trought the Net.
Valid Page Markup makes it easier for crawlers to indentify and reate the contents of an website.
Keywords are used to tell the crawlers what to look for ono the page, while the title of an page also falls into this category, sames as the domain.

When someone uses keywords that are not primary but related for your page, the search engine uses backlinks to check for a possible information on the requested topic.

When you search on googe for: php check memory
The first result will be a link to the PHP.net manualpage for the exact function to use.
http://php.net/manual/en/function.memory-get-usage.php

That's because every single tutorial has a link to this page, a backlink.
The 3 result is:

[Image: aufzeichnenq.png]

This page is rated the best besides php.net, means they have their site optimized well and they supply high quality content.
They also use a sitemap, when you look at drupal.org › Support › Post installation, a crawler will nave no problems finding and indetifying the contents.
How do I buy a backlink?
Where do I add Metatags?
If I got a Dubstep forum called DubTalk.com, would it be good to buy a backlink at a forum called 'dubstepforums.com'?
My forum is a about Dubstep.
That would be a good option, the other domain has a keyword more "step", with better SEO you'll get in front of them.
On such sites are your links best placed.
You can try to ask for link placement on their site, in return for their on your site.
But how should we replace link?
Sorry for asking such newbie questions.
You place a link to their site on your site and contact the admin of the other site asking him if he would place a link on his site which leads to yours.

If he only sells, try to find others that will do, you have alot options, in case nothing works I guess you can buy backlinks.
Or even try Google AdWords.
I'm not sure what a standard price is for such things.
And how do I buy a backlink?
Do I just contact him, saying I want to buy a backlink?

Thanks for all of your help by the way.
-Appreciated.
Yes you contact the owner or the admin of the site where you want your link to be and ask them what they require you to do for your link placement on their site.
I pm'd the admin askin him if I could buy a backlink.
Lets wait an see what happens Smile.
to your question about meta tags, google doesn't exactly use them, but other search engines do. It would go in a <meta tag for the description and keywords below your <head> tag
Pages: 1 2