Support Forums

Full Version: How can I create a sucessful forum?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi everyone, I've been working on this website for some time, http://www.tech-forums.co.cc/ and I was wondering what steps you would take to make it a successful one. Also, on MyBB the verification email wont send.. I've tried everything I can think of.. Contacting my hosting provider, trying 1,000,000 different things on my own... even contacting my domain provider (.co.cc). Everything is appreciated, no matter how small of a post, thanks Smile.

PS. I'm not sure if I posted this in the right section.. there were two sections that I thought would fit this post.

(EDIT: Changed the domain to http://www.tech-forums.co.cc/)
Get a domain. Free domains look cheap (obviously). I personally would never join a forum using a free domain.
I've thought of that, is there a way to move the entire site to a new hosting? (move the content of the site + the sql data)
If you have access to all your files and a database manager, yes.
First, get a Topic, an Single topic.
Then try to get a Name that describes that Topic the best, the shorter the name the better, and make sure the name is as a domain available.
Then build your forum to suit all dicussion needs for the specific topic.
Fill some space in your forum, with quality content to attract visitors.
Promote your Forum, by creating backlinks on other relevant sites, don't spam those sites but try to find a spot where you can post a quality text that can relate the current topic to your site.

Once you have a host, a domain, a name and a quality forum, it's all about marketing.
So Learn marketing.
(03-02-2011, 06:34 PM)Gaijin Wrote: [ -> ]First, get a Topic, an Single topic.
Then try to get a Name that describes that Topic the best, the shorter the name the better, and make sure the name is as a domain available.
Then build your forum to suit all dicussion needs for the specific topic.
Fill some space in your forum, with quality content to attract visitors.
Promote your Forum, by creating backlinks on other relevant sites, don't spam those sites but try to find a spot where you can post a quality text that can relate the current topic to your site.

Once you have a host, a domain, a name and a quality forum, it's all about marketing.
So Learn marketing.

That helped, a lot. Thankyou.Thumbsup
The above post pretty much described it.
I got some things to add.

Make your forum as unique as possible.
Act proffesional as an admin, tell your staff to do so too.
Get a nice domain. Something that both describes your forum, but still sounds great.
If you can afford it, get a custom theme made. That personally attracts me as a forum user.

Good luck!
1 Give out free stuff
2 Post in other forums
3 Try to get a basic and good looking friendly community Big Grin
Good Luck!
I have a new hosting company that I started. I haven't had any downtime and we just got WHMCS installed.

I can move all of your things for you and maybe help you with a domain.

My hosting is very cheap so just shoot me a PM if you want and I can get you on your way to a great new forum!

I just noticed how much of an ad this looks like but I am just trying to help this guy out Smile
I suggest asking Omni lol, no not really.

But it takes time to create a successful forum.

Just put a lot of time and effort into it and don't give up when it goes slow at first.
Pages: 1 2