Support Forums

Full Version: How long will it take to build strong muscles?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hello guys!

First of all, some specs:
  • 15 year old boy.
  • Weight: 55 Kilograms.
  • 172 CentiMeters in height.
I'm lifting around 3 times a week, and one time a week I'm boxing.
Right now, I'm pretty 'weak'. My arms are thin etc.

I'm doing 3 routines for my arms. (Biceps, Triceps)
I'm doing sets, 3 x 15 lifts.
Lifting around 20 kg in each exercise. (I know I'm weak, but it is SupportForums after all.)

One routine for my abs, and one for my shoulders.
Taking around 30KG at the abs, and 20 at the shoulders.
Same amount as above.

My diate is pretty basic.
Potatoes with meat around 2 days a week in average.
Pasta around 3 days a week in average.
Some Fish and Rice, Potatoes or Pasta one day a week in average.

How long will it take me to build some nice looking muscles?
Bigger arms, getting a little ripped etc.?

Regards, lolzor60.
Increase how much you eat, there really is no such thing as eating too much when you're trying to bulk up.

Secondly, you're going to want to workout all your muscle groups in equal proportions, if you're going to bother working out, go for the whole 9 yards.

Since you want to build strength/mass you're going to want to do 3 sets of 3 different workouts per muscle group, each set should be 3-7 reps of as much weight as you can handle.

While bulking you need 1+ gram of protein per pound of bodyweight, if you're having trouble getting that target consider protein shakes.

If you do all I stated above and observe proper form when you are doing your sets, getting the right amount of rest and all that, you can expect to gain 5+ pounds of muscles a month, I do pretty much exactly what I mentioned above and have gained 8 in the last month.

As to how long it will take to get strong, that depends on what you see as strong. One thing is for sure, after a month you will notice significant improvement both in strength and how your body looks, personally that's what keeps me going.
WoW.. I'm exactly like you! 15 years old, 55KG, 170 CM...
(03-02-2011, 08:11 AM)Swat Runs Train Wrote: [ -> ]While bulking you need 1+ gram of protein per pound of bodyweight, if you're having trouble getting that target consider protein shakes.

Is it necessary to get proteins? Because I've started like 3 month ago and I muscle are growing a lot! I never took protein. Is it really better with protein?
(03-02-2011, 10:23 PM)iMaяᵼọ999 Wrote: [ -> ]WoW.. I'm exactly like you! 15 years old, 55KG, 170 CM...
Is it necessary to get proteins? Because I've started like 3 month ago and I muscle are growing a lot! I never took protein. Is it really better with protein?

If you take protein after workouts, it will be absorbed into the muscle tissue making them bigger and stronger. If you take protein without working out, you would simply just gain weight.

Other sources of protein than just shakes are chicken, tuna, egg whites, and lean turkey.
Do you have to take them RIGHT after your work-out?
Or am I fine if I wait 1-2 hours?

I can't afford protein pouder or shakes, and dinner is like 1-2 hours after my workout Smile.
I'm in the same boat as you, Except I'm 6'3 (190 CM) I'm not weak I just look weak. I've been increasing dairy and protein in my diet to see if it helps me bulk up, I've been using my bowflex 3 or 4 times a week.

I need to find a good workout guide for the bowflex though, I'm just doing shoulders and bicep workouts. I need something that is going to help me build bigger arms, I've been doing sit ups as well.

I read Swat Runs Train's reply and he seems to know what he's talking about, I'd just do what he said.
But if anyone has a workout guide for the Bowflex Ultimate.
Could you link me to it ?
(03-03-2011, 01:31 AM)lolzor60 Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have to take them RIGHT after your work-out?
Or am I fine if I wait 1-2 hours?

I can't afford protein pouder or shakes, and dinner is like 1-2 hours after my workout Smile.

You should be fine assuming your diner has lots of protein in it, protein shakes and powder aren't necessary, it's just highly convenient for those of us with little time to fix 5 meals a day, instead 3 and 2 shakes is much simpler.

For the first week or so try and monitor your diet to ensure you are getting the needed protein, if not throw a few more eggs or chicken breasts in somewhere in your day. Hardboiled eggs are easy to prepare and simple to bring to work or school etc.
(03-02-2011, 10:23 PM)iMaяᵼọ999 Wrote: [ -> ]WoW.. I'm exactly like you! 15 years old, 55KG, 170 CM...

Protein is necessary but it's possible to get it all from food so no worries there.
Awesome replies.
Thanks guys, I'll see if I can bring some more chicken and eggs into my diate.

(03-03-2011, 09:15 AM)lolzor60 Wrote: [ -> ]Awesome replies.
Thanks guys, I'll see if I can bring some more chicken and eggs into my diate.

I eat eggs like 3 - 4 times a week, they are the best to keep healthy.
They are awesome to, put a little hot sauce on them.

Drink a lot of milk to, it will help you bulk up.
I'm currently drinking about ½ - 1 liter of Milk a day.
I'll try to eat some more eggs.
Pages: 1 2 3 4