Support Forums

Full Version: Someone is getting under my skin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
OK. So there's this kid that's been trying to get under my skin for the past 4-5 years. Pretty much all of high school and even in college now, he tries to purposely piss me off because he says it reminds him of the good old times.

The full story is as follows.

I all started at the beginning of high school. All my friends, including him, had their dicks hard about the new Halo 3 game being released. They would play all the time and that was all they spoke about, day in, day out. Even when we would be eating lunch, they'll just talk about how sick the game is. And to top things off, when they all realized I was missing out, they stepped it up a notch, trying to get under my skin saying crap like 'Too bad you don't have it' and they'd ask me questions about it and when I tried to incorporate myself in the conversations they'd just say 'Shutup Kev, you don't have Halo' and just start laughing hysterically. I laughed along although after a while it started to really get on my nerves so I ended up buying an Xbox 360 just for Halo 3.

I started to get really good at the game. One thing led to another and I outlasted them all. They'd all move from one new release to the other while I would just spend the next 5-6 years playing Halo 3, alone. That's when my life got pretty sad, undoubtedly. Because I was spending so much time playing Halo 3 at home, I never went out anymore and sadly, I felt like a jerk. So they'd all make fun of me at school, most especially the kid this topic is about. He's see me in the hallways and jsut say crap like 'Hey Kev! Did you get your Major Grade 2 yet?!' laughing hysterically. Of course, I'd always been taught the best way to have someone leave you alone is to show them that their teasing has no effect on you so I'd just play stupid and answer his dumb questions sincerely. But after a while, he caught on and realized I was trying to keep things bottled up.

Now, 5 years later, I'm 18 and so is he, and we're both in a class together in college, both on our way to university and he still tries to piss me off and get under my skin because of the past. I'm not as much of a nerd as I used to be because I have very good friends, go out every second night and every weekend, go to the gym, etc. But he just doesn't want to let it go though. He knows my weak point and he knows that I spent a lot of time at home on my computer hacking/doing random crap so he just automatically throws me into the jerk/nerd category because he's an insincere prick.

Bottom line is that he knows my weakness now and I know a lot of people will tell me, just give a beating and show him that he shouldn't fudge with you anymore. The problem with that is I'm not nearly his size, one, and two, I still talk to him frankly once in a while but he's one of those guys that when he's alone with you, he's gonna be bearable but when he's in front of all his friends, he's gonna blast you non-stop.

Just the other day, I told him that I'm looking for people/friends that are interested in buying DVDs/TV series from me because I make copies. He said he's interested himself and I sold him a couple films. A couple of days later, I updated my status on Facebook just randomly and he took a shot at me again. This time, I got him back good but I'm still not sure how to get him to stop treating me disrespectfully.

Facebook Comments

Any advice? I've never been one to start problems but apparently being too passive has its consequences too.
You are obviously letting this guy "get under your skin" by the looks of it.

You bought an Xbox and Halo 3 just because he made fun of you for not having Halo? C'mon man, you know that's ridiculous.

Bottom line: ignore him.
To be honest there aren't really any definite ways to deal with people like this. Your best bet would probably be ignoring him if he cant take a hint. Some people are just jerks and you can't really change that about them..
If you ever need to get some stuff off of your chest feel free to PM me or hit me up on MSN. I'd be glad to help
Just don't let him do it, Ignore him.
What a suprise. People stating the exact same thing...
Seriously you owned the guy at the end of the FB comment statut lol... Did he reply back?

This guy remember me of my brother... When he's with his friend he always insult me and stuff like that... What I do, I just reply back stupid answer and jokes & I don't care... I look stupid at the end but he stop...
Well this is not a big problem as it's my brother & sometimes he's joking but just telling you what I do...
(03-02-2011, 09:55 PM)iMaяᵼọ999 Wrote: [ -> ]Seriously you owned the guy at the end of the FB comment statut lol... Did he reply back?

No.

Quote:I look stupid at the end but he stop...

I don't want to look stupid. I want to make him look like the immature one for teasing me. I've been offered advice to either get under his skin by finding his weak points and doing what he's doing to me or simply ignoring him until he sees its no fun to continue. Which do I do?
Wow dude you just need to ignore him D:

nice FB post I guess.
I'm sorry you're getting so many responses stating just to "ignore him."

People will never learn the meaning of quality.
(03-03-2011, 04:52 PM)Deltron Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sorry you're getting so many responses stating just to "ignore him."

People will never learn the meaning of quality.
With all due respect, people post in the Emotional Support Section for help. If people don't have other suggestions to make, they are going to suggest the same thing as the first post, which in this case, was you. There is no reason to seem as if you're mad for it happening. Look through the Emotional Support forum. This happens over and over again. Sorry, just thought I should point that out.

Solidify, depending on how this person acted towards you and how necessary you think revenge is, why not try to find some of his own weak points to shut this guy up? Do you know anyone who was close to him that would know anything about him?
Pages: 1 2 3