Support Forums

Full Version: Got a Backup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Holy Mackerel. I was sitting there and suddenly I accidentally noticed that the old Staminus server was online. Vuwin.com opened up. So I was like WTF. After taking a minute to see if can get in I began a backup of SF database from phpmyadmin. For some reason the SSH wouldn't open. I assume they had my SSH static IP still nulled. So I made some config changes, restarted SSH and regained a session.

SF DB was downloaded. I then began to check out what else I could grab fast and next thing I'm disconnected. Before I could get MyBB Central unfortunately. That's less of a priority since that site doesn't get many daily posts. But a few new paid members were needed to be fixed still.

So I'm like WTF again..I was disconnected. I check things and apparently server is suspended again. But good news is that I just in time grabbed an SF DB backup. I mean seriously just in time. Just five more minutes and I would never have gotten these 10 days of lost posts. Pretty cool. Of course that does mean we lost the past day of posts because of the revert but it wasn't the most active posting day and I'd rather get 10 days back and lose one.

Pretty crazy.

So all posts, members, account changes, and activity on SF the last 24 hours are gone now. Sorry.
It's been a roller-coaster ride these last couple days.

I have no idea how you got it back (everything above makes no sense to me), but it's great to see that we have our posts, reputation, and profiles back.

Thanks Omniscient, and the community, for putting forth the efforts to make Support Forums the great site it is.
Nice that we're back with original stuff again.
However, I don't have a copy of the "First Steps in Web Development" thread... Sad
What ever, I'll find some time to do it again... Tongue

Too bad you couldn't get the MyBB Central Backups, still getting 10 days of SF back is awesome...
Giving 1 day for it was fully worth it..
I got it back through luck. The original account holder I think paid his past due balance but I think he's also canceling the account. I'm just super lucky to have been home to get at least SF. I would have enjoyed a full server backup but to be honest SF is all I really cared about. Everything else is small potatoes.

I've lost image-host.com and I'm not even sure I want to bother putting it online again. And Central lost some posts and members but overall a year of a free server I still got a good deal.
Well it's good that myBB Central didn't suffer more damage.
image-host.com, try to get the domain selled, there are many of such services on the internet, IMO not really worth the struggle.

You should send a Mail to Staminus titled, "In Yo Face, Bia***!!!" Big Grin

Damn you're a lucky. just in time also. What are the odds right?
Fantastic news!

Thank you for the update. Smile
Quote:You should send a Mail to Staminus titled, "In Yo Face, Bia***!!!"p

Oh I'm going to do better than that. Gonna write a nice blog post about their shoddy service. I even have saved the last support ticket.
(03-01-2011, 05:33 PM)Omniscient Wrote: [ -> ]Oh I'm going to do better than that. Gonna write a nice blog post about their shoddy service. I even have saved the last support ticket.

Be sure to share it with us. Thumbsup
So they wouldn't let you get the backup?

I would screw them over so hard...

I know that TruGaming Found that owns tryhack.net or something had made a myBB Central account and bought a subscription so He prob needs to be fixed.

PM me and I can give you the info and all.

Also, The avatars are dead...

Could you reupload them?

I could possibly host some things on my VPS for a small charge.

I can get an upgrade and I have a France cPanel and an Egypt VPS that I am using.

Just let me know and maybe we can work some things out.

I am so glad you got SF back up though!
Pages: 1 2 3