Support Forums

Full Version: 2 CreativeForums Backgrounds
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Version 1 (Click to View)

Version 2 (Click to View)

here's a couple of backgrounds I created for another forum.
The first is IMO better.
You did a really good job on the Glass Balls, and you also did good Refractions in the second.
I also think that you could change the outter glow of "CreativeForums" to actually have 2 colors. (if you didn't already, idk, can't see)

IF you would found time to make an Tutorial for the Orbs, it would be awesome, to see the technique your applying.... Big Grin
(02-26-2011, 08:46 PM)Gaijin Wrote: [ -> ]The first is IMO better.
You did a really good job on the Glass Balls, and you also did good Refractions in the second.
I also think that you could change the outter glow of "CreativeForums" to actually have 2 colors. (if you didn't already, idk, can't see)

IF you would found time to make an Tutorial for the Orbs, it would be awesome, to see the technique your applying.... Big Grin

I only made a very faint green glow, and I was thinking about making 2 different glows too, but I became lazy after spending some time on it lol. I didn't create the whole orbs though, so I won't take credit for them, however I did modify them, and add a few other overlays of white, and my own dodge tool here and there.

If you use photoshop, and you're wanting to learn how to make them, I can make a pretty basic tutorial for orbs like this, it's actually fairly easy if you like using the pentool
Well, I think you should just check out how it looks with glowing 2 colors.
As for the tutorial, it wouldn't be for me, I just though those who are new might have something to learn...

Just wanted to see how you achieved the results, since you didn't completely made them it's not necessary....

As said, the first is better, you've placed the orbs way much attractive then in second, maybe if you put all greens behind the blue.... but maybe it's just me ;)

Really clean work..
[Image: orbtut.png]

here's a simple timeline of how I create orbs. I made this in a couple mins, so it could be touched up just a bit, but this is how you'd do that.

And thanks for the comment Smile
Teach me your orb technique!

I prefer the first one, to be on-topic. ;)
I like the 2nd one. Great work!
(02-26-2011, 09:22 PM)Infinity Wrote: [ -> ][Image: orbtut.png]

here's a simple timeline of how I create orbs. I made this in a couple mins, so it could be touched up just a bit, but this is how you'd do that.

And thanks for the comment Smile

LOL, why didn't I understood such things way back in the day.... Big Grin
I see you didn't used any brush, created just with Blending Effects... nice...

btw: You're welcome!

To do the orbs, I like to use both inner and outer glow, with a lighter shade of the color of the orb itself, if you add both of those layer properties, the glow around the outline blends in quite nicely and doesn't just look like it's coming from behind a circle. for the inner glow you can put the size up fairly high.

The front curve is just made with the bevel option with full softness.
Well Infinity the 2 backgrounds are amazing, but the first one is better than the second because on the second it has a lot of glow on the text.
Pages: 1 2