Support Forums

Full Version: Free windows 7 upgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So im elegible, but i don't want to pay shipping, i would rather have my serial number and download it, will this be possible?
(10-16-2009, 07:20 PM)CstmFXeD Wrote: [ -> ]So im elegible, but i don't want to pay shipping, i would rather have my serial number and download it, will this be possible?

I really doubt it. The only way that's going to happen is if you have a MSDN account or something.

Vista users get the free upgrade right? If that's the case then it's a definite no. Legally, of course.
(10-16-2009, 07:20 PM)CstmFXeD Wrote: [ -> ]So im elegible, but i don't want to pay shipping, i would rather have my serial number and download it, will this be possible?

not on this forum. I believe that would be considered warez, which is against the rules.
ermm, if i have a legit serial number its legal?
(10-16-2009, 07:22 PM)MreGSX Wrote: [ -> ]I really doubt it. The only way that's going to happen is if you have a MSDN account or something.

Vista users get the free upgrade right? If that's the case then it's a definite no. Legally, of course.
yeah and they are trying to make me pay £22 hardly free
If I must say anything, I will say it is well worth it. I understand what you mean though. Paying that much for shipping sucks!
yeah ill end up having to pay for it, which annoys me because you can download if your buy it.
It's a great OS, just fork up the dough and enjoy! Smile
The shipping for me is $20 for me, the only thing that sucks is you probably get those extra manufactured processors and what not.
$20 for a CD, pffft.
(10-16-2009, 07:22 PM)mon3yexploit Wrote: [ -> ]not on this forum. I believe that would be considered warez, which is against the rules.

You thought about it the wrong way. He wants to know if they will have a system, similar to Steam, that will allow him to download directly from Microsoft.

I'm sure you could torrent the final copy, and use a legal key. If they do decide to hunt you down, they cannot really do anything about it because you own the OS! Pretty much the only reason certain ROMS and gaims are still able to be downloaded from servers that are within an area of modern copywrite laws is because they claim the ROMS will be used as a "backup" only, and nothing else. When downloading they advise not to do so, unless you already own the game. This, of course, is just to cover themselves.

I'm not sure about the validation checks though, I'm pretty sure you will pass them, unless they have some other system in place that is to do with the software itself, not the serial.

Thinking about this more, I'm 99% sure you will pass the validation test. If they had another validation system in place, each copy would have to be unique. As in, they would have to change a code or something within the software itself, then burn it to a disc, or que for download.
Thanks for your help people, i think i will just pay for it. Seems easiest Smile