Support Forums

Full Version: Shadow Background
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Here's a new creation that I made in photoshop with the pentool and some creativity Smile I got tired of my old background so this is what i'm currently using.

Maybe crop the image? Tongue
It's ok not sure if I like it.
Maybe you should have changed it up a bit and not have every letter surrounding by the same design.
Really nice. I like it, but resize it Smile
Wow! Amazing,can you give me the font name if it's not problem,thanks.
It's a hard piece for me to critique. That horizontal line keeps throwing me off.
(02-26-2011, 03:49 AM)Untouch Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe crop the image? Tongue
It's ok not sure if I like it.
Maybe you should have changed it up a bit and not have every letter surrounding by the same design.

I wouldn't know what to put for a design around every other letter though, and without the design, if keeping just the original text, it's just like what most people do, with a reflection on a text, which looked quite boring to me.
(02-26-2011, 05:19 AM)sp0rky Wrote: [ -> ]Really nice. I like it, but resize it Smile

The dimensions of the current image are the right ratio for my desktop monitor though

(02-26-2011, 08:26 AM)Denirulz Wrote: [ -> ]Wow! Amazing,can you give me the font name if it's not problem,thanks.

It was a font called Base5 that I used in this image.

(02-26-2011, 09:02 AM)Cybr Wrote: [ -> ]It's a hard piece for me to critique. That horizontal line keeps throwing me off.

Without the horizontal line, it looks too much like a 2D image to me, but lots of people have said that to me, i'm just not sure what I would do in replacement of that horizontal line. It adds another dimension to the image from my perception.
Maybe just make the line less visible.
It's amazing dude I could do that also Tongue. But you could really use some more effects or stuff on the background, that just text and text effect thing is not working out for a background.
(02-26-2011, 11:46 PM)Snowrey Wrote: [ -> ]It's amazing dude I could do that also Tongue. But you could really use some more effects or stuff on the background, that just text and text effect thing is not working out for a background.

with all of the icons and other parts of your desktop like the taskbar, and maybe the gadget bar, which i've disabled however, it is good enough for me. I don't like my desktop background image too busy.

The text for the icons by default is white, so I find that if there's too much going on it's harder to read the labels. Or even with lighter colored backgrounds. So I keep it black like this on the sides. white text, on a black background is the easiest to read.
Thanks for giving me font name,i'll post my results back.
Pages: 1 2 3