Support Forums

Full Version: Mybb Help Needed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
guys i have created a mybb forum and i want some changes

want to add more smilies
want to add chat box to the forum
want to add Legenders at bottom that who are amins and modreators and users.
Change User titles Colours.
That can all be done in the ACP. To add more smilies and usergroup legend on index should be in the configuration settings.
To add a chatbox, you'd probably need a plugin. To change user title styles, go to Users & Groups -> Groups, then choose whatever group you want to edit.
As Cybr has said, it's all done from the admincp, which should be pretty obvious though.

Quote:want to add more smilies

You'll have to download a pack and save it in the proper area for your site file directories, there should be one for it in the images folder.

Quote:want to add chat box to the forum

This will be part of a code that you'll have to add to the theme if you have an external shoutbox, otherwise I don't use them so i'm not sure.

Quote:want to add Legenders at bottom that who are amins and modreators and users.

You'll have to download and add a plugin for this. I know this is a plugin.

Quote:Change User titles Colours.

You add an html specifier code before and after the name variable in the admincp. In username style in the groups tab you can do multiple things. Here's an example:

<span style="color: #000000;"><strong>{username}</strong></span>

Replace the hex code of #000000 with the color that you want the username to be, and if you want it or not, <strong> just bolds the text.
thanks guys for the help
but can you give me the plugins link
(02-24-2011, 10:14 PM)lhcrulez Wrote: [ -> ]thanks guys for the help
but can you give me the plugins link

Here it is:
http://mods.mybb.com/view/group-legend

There's the instructions on that page as well if you need them Smile