Support Forums

Full Version: Shots.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am on a food-grade, cruelty-free, non-toxic product spree. It started when I realised that many storebought cleaners simply didn't live up to their claims. So I put in several hours of research and and will be replacing all my products in the coming weeks. I'm so happy: it is cheaper, ethical and better quality.

Here is the air freshener/surface disinfectant I just made:

Bottle with spray nozzle
Juice from half a lime
One vodka shot
One water shot
One teaspoon of baking soda

Add lime juice to the vodka shot. Add baking soda to the water shot. Mix in bottle.

Lime adds fragrance. Vodka and baking soda are deodorisers and disinfectants, with evaporating properties. Water is the carrier liquid. Shots make a small batch, ideal for fresh shelf life.

Is anyone else likely to try this?
Noooo, drink the vodka. Big Grin
Never tried making my own freshener and probaly won't.
I just buy it from a shop, don't have much free time to do that sort of thing.
Interesting post, I would recommend everclear instead of vodka, if it's available there, 96% or so alcohol, I'd bet it would work a little better.
Looks good but umm...
I will probably end up doing this in Home Ec. in a few years in school Smile
(02-22-2011, 12:27 PM)Swat Runs Train Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting post, I would recommend everclear instead of vodka, if it's available there, 96% or so alcohol, I'd bet it would work a little better.

95.6% for the 190-proof concentration, the world's most alcoholic drink. Definitely disinfecting, it even drinkable?

(02-22-2011, 05:50 PM)Shock Wrote: [ -> ]I will probably end up doing this in Home Ec. in a few years in school Smile

From what I read online, most homemade cleaners are from post-war and depression-era years. Unless your syllabus has an eco-conscious philosophy, it may not be taught in Home Ec.
(02-22-2011, 12:27 PM)Swat Runs Train Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting post, I would recommend everclear instead of vodka, if it's available there, 96% or so alcohol, I'd bet it would work a little better.

Here in Canada we have this alcohol called " Alcool " it's something like this Everclear you talk about. It's fuckin' strong and it's not fun at all, gets you DRUNK though.
(02-22-2011, 07:21 PM)Eve Wrote: [ -> ]95.6% for the 190-proof concentration, the world's most alcoholic drink. Definitely disinfecting, it even drinkable?

If you mix it, yes. Drinking it straight is another story.
(02-23-2011, 07:22 AM)Baked Wrote: [ -> ]Here in Canada we have this alcohol called " Alcool " it's something like this Everclear you talk about. It's fuckin' strong and it's not fun at all, gets you DRUNK though.

I'm in Canada as well, can't say I ever heard of that stuff though.