Support Forums

Full Version: Windows4all
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys!

Windows4all is a cool website which is basically a trimmed down virtual Windows 7/Vista. So, if you want to try out Windows, here's the easiest way. Granted, it's not exactly the same. Actually, it's quite different.

You can even surf the web with it. In theory it could be used to get passed school blocks and stuff like that. In fact, I better try that Monday. Big Grin

Anyways, thought I'd share it.
It looks like a nice idea, but I think I'd prefer to just install the complete OS :p
That's really cool, although it's more of a well integrated flash-like application than a virtual pc, all files are executed from your PC, it can be killed if the site refreshes the browser. Nevertheless, a great thing, and has links to a few nice online virtual computers like ghost.

[Image: screenshot1ov.png]
That's pretty neat. try before you buy! Wish you could do that with everything. lol
(10-16-2009, 03:05 PM)D3N Wrote: [ -> ]That's really cool, although it's more of a well integrated flash-like application than a virtual pc, all files are executed from your PC, it can be killed if the site refreshes the browser. Nevertheless, a great thing, and has links to a few nice online virtual computers like ghost.

That's cool.

Maybe one day all operating systems will be web based. Then we can access our "computer" from anywhere. Smile
(10-16-2009, 03:29 PM)MreGSX Wrote: [ -> ]That's cool.

Maybe one day all operating systems will be web based. Then we can access our "computer" from anywhere. Smile

Browser-centric os is googles dream, and I'm strictly against it. I could go on and on about how you will most likely need to pay fees to access it, how you put your privacy at risk by leaving your files there, how you will have to have an internet connection to use it, and I could argue against browser-centric OS despite its obvious benefits until my fingers start bleeding from typing.
No pirated software, no 'tools', virtually no privacy.

I'm sure there will be (and there are) a lot of people who are for it though.