Support Forums

Full Version: crappy internet speed.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Allright so lately i've veeb experiencing some terrible connections...
If i get to 50 kb/s max i should be happy lol...

Normally i have speeds up to 3mb/s

Our ISP (belgium): Telenet.
Our subscription should allow us up to 15mb/s
The connection goes as followed:

Modem downstairs in the basement
->2 cables going up, one to my dad's "office" in which he has a router splitting the signal to our brothers ps3 and the other brother to the PC and obviously HIS PC.
The second cable goes up to my room on which i (not so long ago) put a switch to have MY ps3 connected aswell.

Obviously the thing u'd suspect right away would be the switch, but it's suposed to be just plug and play?
It should cut my speed from 3mb/s to 50kb/s...

Any help/suggestions on this matter would be GREATLY appreciated, as it takes HOURS to download 1 gig...
Hey i am also from belgium and also have telenet. The max i got was 3.4 mb/s, maybe your downloadlimit has run out for this month?
No lol, we've got 130gig in a month which we allways have tons to spare of.
And my dad still has speeds of 2mb/s..
Try restarting your modem.
Maybe something is splitting your connection too much?
You use NetLimiter maybe?
What is your router's brand?
I think it's a problem with your computer, If you're using Wireless connection try to use wired and give it a try
i think its a problem of virus
Call your isp and see if they can flip you on another server.I had the same problem and it was that to many people were sighned on the server i was on.My isp switched me and it worked great again.GL
Try hardwiring your computer to troubleshoot if it's a problem with router itself.

If not, check with your ISP. My guess is router.
try upgrading your modem software and resetting your router
Pages: 1 2