Support Forums

Full Version: Protein Shakes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Just thought I'd share an experience I had with using Protein Shakes.
(This was around last summer).

So basically, I started regularly using Protein Shakes, and everything was great after about 2 months. I felt more active, stronger, happier, and all round felt healthier.

The 3rd month is when the problems started to occur. I started getting extremely paranoid. I could hardly sleep at night without fearing ridiculous things (which looking back are totally stupid).

What I was most paranoid about though was that somebody close to me would die. In my head I kept telling myself that I could feel that something bad was going to happen. I worried a lot whenever my little sister was asleep in case she died from cot death. Basically I felt I was going slightly mad.

I stopped drinking Protein Shakes after realizing that this is what could be causing the paranoia. I then heard from someone that Protein Shakes are not recommended for people with ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder) which I have.

Could this be what sparked the sudden paranoia?

I'd like to start using Protein Shakes again but I don't want to risk this happening again.

Anyway I just thought I'd share this with you all. I'm not looking for support because It was a while back now, but if you have any comments worth adding please do.
I had them most days while training for like 4 or 5 years and never had any bad side effects.
Maybe it could also depend on the make of the shakes as their are soo many now with different ingredients.
You should of contacted the company who makes them and ask them about it.
I don't know what protein shakes you were eating but to be honest it sounds like you were using one with a stimulant in it, such as creatine.

I personally use one called Syntha-6, actually tastes half decent, only has protein and some vitamins in it.
I have never actually had a protein shake, but I am interested in boosting what little muscle I have, do you just make them in a blender or something?
(02-17-2011, 07:50 PM)Istandor Wrote: [ -> ]I have never actually had a protein shake, but I am interested in boosting what little muscle I have, do you just make them in a blender or something?

No you usually get a special mixing bottle with it, it has a metal ball in it to help mix it up.
Are these particularly expensive? I might get one
(02-17-2011, 08:00 PM)Istandor Wrote: [ -> ]Are these particularly expensive? I might get one

30 dollars for 30 servings for the kind I have, the mixing bottle was free with it.
That sounds pretty good, how often do you drink them?
(02-17-2011, 08:07 PM)Istandor Wrote: [ -> ]That sounds pretty good, how often do you drink them?

Before and after I work out, which is 4 days a week.
(02-17-2011, 08:37 PM)Swat Runs Train Wrote: [ -> ]Before and after I work out, which is 4 days a week.

Ok, thanks for the tips! I'm def gonna look into this. Any brands you would recommend?
Pages: 1 2 3 4