Support Forums

Full Version: Damn Print screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Okay, I'm not really so smart when it comes to windows, but I can bet a dollar or two that I'm not the dumbest guy around.

Here's my problem:
I'm using an HP pavilion laptop running on Vista, and ever since I bought it, I couldn't, for the life of me, figure out why my prt sc function doesn't work. I hold the fn key, then hit insert (where the prt sc function is enclosed in a box). I've even tried finding the actual program through search, but it didn't work either.

Any help will be very much appreciated.
Press FN+print screen button,go to paint and PASTE...

Or just press printscreen button and paste it in paint.
" Going to paint and pasting" is important. Big Grin
Paint is the most important step. And why do you use vista? Get Windows Seven.
Yeah, it wouldn't paste on either paint or photoshop. You guys think I should reinstall something?
Vista has a tool for this purpose, it's called Snipping Tool.
It is located in the system32 folder, "C:\WINDOWS\system32\SnippingTool.exe".
You can run it by pasting this into the input at the start box.
%SystemRoot%\system32\SnippingTool.exe
(02-22-2011, 01:44 AM)Gaijin Wrote: [ -> ]Vista has a tool for this purpose, it's called Snipping Tool.

I'll try it out, thanks for your help.
(02-22-2011, 01:44 AM)Gaijin Wrote: [ -> ]Vista has a tool for this purpose, it's called Snipping Tool.

It's in the start menu for Vista as well so you can skip adding the directory locations to find it and simply type in "Snipping Tool" to that start button search. Usually after "Snip" the suggestion for the tool comes up.
(02-23-2011, 10:05 PM)Infinity Wrote: [ -> ]It's in the start menu for Vista as well so you can skip adding the directory locations to find it and simply type in "Snipping Tool" to that start button search. Usually after "Snip" the suggestion for the tool comes up.

Or go to Run> "snippingtool" without quotes.
(03-05-2011, 10:53 PM)L3g1tWa5te Wrote: [ -> ]Or go to Run> "snippingtool" without quotes.

Yeah, but the start menu is one step faster than opening the run command Smile There's multiple ways of doing almost everything on a computer, but I like the easiest shortcuts.
Pages: 1 2