Support Forums

Full Version: help : format ibm t30
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi, i need help from sf members. i want to format my ibm thinkpad t30. but i cannot reformat or remove the windows xp that reside in it. i want to install ubuntu in it. i have use numerous techniques that i get from googling, but i am still having problem to solve the problem. any helps are appreciated. tq
Have you booted from the ubuntu live cd?
If you want to get rid of everything that you have on that computer I would suggest making a ISO disk of a program called, "Dariks Boot and Nuke".

This is extremely helpful if you are trying to do a clean install of another OS.

Download Link

You can run this program from a USB.
Just follow the directions here.

Keep in mind this is a very powerful program and it is recommended you use backup anything either on a external HDD or another computer.
Dude, check lenovo's downloads, It has a program that can do you that.
TQ GUYS....... Still cannot format. actually, the problem is in cmos battery. i need to change it. anyway, tq again for yours help......
(02-17-2011, 01:01 AM)ⓢⓤⓕⓕⓘⓒⓔ Wrote: [ -> ]If you want to get rid of everything that you have on that computer I would suggest making a ISO disk of a program called, "Dariks Boot and Nuke".

This is extremely helpful if you are trying to do a clean install of another OS.

Download Link

You can run this program from a USB.
Just follow the directions here.

Keep in mind this is a very powerful program and it is recommended you use backup anything either on a external HDD or another computer.

bro, i need your help? bro, my computer cannot boot. is there any software like dban that no need to boot. tq, bro