Support Forums

Full Version: I am Mad
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Dear Symantec,

I just received a letter in the mail from you. It was addressed to me, and it had my username on it. I would like to know, considering I haven't used Norton antivirus since the early 2000's, HOW THE **** DID YOU GET MY NAME, USERNAME, AND ADDRESS?

I know my brother recently accidentally downloaded the Symantec installer or whatever onto my laptop, and it won't GO AWAY. I didn't know you guys had managed to stick spyware on it. What the hell? How does the superior AVG Antivirus fail to recognize Norton as ****? Why did you guys send me an ebook advertisement? How the **** did you get my full name and address? I have never filled out any sort of forms or anything for Symantec with my information on it.

Every time I delete the **** file it comes back on the next startup. Don't program your **** to do that, it makes your software look freakin' malicious, and now I'm pretty sure it is considering I have some random *** letter from you with my info on it.

I would like to know how to permanently get rid of the Norton/Symantec/whatever antivirus installer, and I would like to never receive any tangible mail from you ever again. And I'm no dumb***, I know how to keep my computer secure and how to recognize phishing scams and stuff.

Love, [JDBar]
lmao xD
(02-15-2011, 05:45 AM)wassiliboss Wrote: [ -> ]lmao xD

It was pretty funny...
That is quite fishy. Is it a genuine letter from Symantec, and what was the purpose of the letter?
So basically you have a rogue virus on your computer which comes back everytime your computer is rebooted? Boot into Safe Mode with Networking and perform full system scans with your Anti-Virus software, Malwarebytes and ESET-online scanner, remove all found infections and reboot back into normal mode.

~J4mmy
Let me know when they reply ;p i wanna read that
The letter had 2 glossy-paper adverts in it that said something about an ebook about how to secure your computer using Symantec software and if you are part of the first 200 people to buy the ebook you get a free 8GB "verisigned" USB stick.

They just utterly ignored my complaint about how they got a hold of my information and redirected me to the Norton antivirus customer support center. -_-

This is absurd.
Very frustrating. Now that they have your information, all you may be able to do is change the details.
This is odd. Although I don't use Norton anymore, I have always trusted it. This changes things.