Support Forums

Full Version: TUT|PS| Glossy Glass signature|PS|TUT
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For the poll I screwed up the bottom one should be 'No'

I originally posted this on HF but decided I would share it here as well.
First I'd like to thank showandtell-graphics for the same basic tutorial.

Today I'm going to show you how to make Glossy Glass text (Sample is the image in my signature).

First you want to start a new document with the background set as transparent.

Side note: Size doesn't matter but remember if your using it as your HF signature the maximum size is 650 pixels by 200 pixels.

Just follow the pictures and make sure anything that is in the red box is the same as your settings in photoshop.

And if you followed the directions without missing anything you should get something that looks like this.

[Image: cowboy1.png]

Note: You can add your own background or save it as a .png and have it show the background behind the image.

Feel free to post what you've done with this tutorial.
Oh that's pretty cool! Thanks a lot mate!
Thank's for the tut my friend Smile.
hmm, i appreciate the effort put into the tutorial, but i find (imo) the end result looking bad.
it doesn't look appealing at all.

But thx for sharing ! Smile
That doesn't really look glossy at all. Not really useful.
Looks alright mate, might try throwing myself up a signature similar to this one later.
Cool tutorial, but that outcome does not look good.
Does not even look glassy or anything similar to glass.
To those that say it doesn't look glossy here are a few things to keep in mind.
1. Background on forum will affect outcome.
2. The settings aren't set in stone nor are the colors move it over so you can see your image or text and mess around with the settings you will find the desired effect.