Support Forums

Full Version: Updating My Comp! (Suggestions?)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello SF!
I have decided to upgrade my computer's hardware.
My budget is 400-500€
I'v decided that with that budget I have to stay on AMD line and take Phenom processor. But I cant decide should I take 4x or 6x?
And with GPU I think i'll have Ati Radeon HD 5770 coz they are low price and enough powerful for me (I guess Big Grin)

Other parts I haven't decided. But I only need Motherboard, CPU, GPU, Ram's and I'm not sure but I have 500w Antec powersluppy so I guess it will be enough for my new hardware. And yes i already have harddrives and case... Please tell me your suggestions what kind of set should i take!
You can change the CPU or GPU if you have something better in your mid!

Best Regards Tuoseli
Simple i thought.
Get the best for your buck?
AMD is fine and generally a bit cheaper too.
Power supply will be good enough i feel. Although more is always better Smile
GPU? I assume you mean the graphics processor yes? then thats another card.
Bigger is better if your a gamer. Dont hold back on Graphics IMHO. Thats where you will notice the difference.
Me i think like this.
Duel core atleast. Quad better.
2 gig of ram atleast. More is better.
512 meg graphics atleast. More is better.
500w power supply atleast. More is better.
The rest dont really matter.
Im looking forward for 4gigs 1600mhz ram (Crosair)
Graphics card should be 1GB coz i have dual screen's and i want it handle both well
And Im looking to AMD Phenom 4x 970BE 3,5Ghz
But i have little troubles with motherboard and Graphics card
Corsair is an overall great brand. Another alternative would be G-Skill, as they make very high quality products.

As for your graphics card, I recommend you getting the GTX 460. Make sure that it is 1GB, as you stated, so it will be able to handle anything you throw at it. You should be able to run dual-monitors with no problems.

For your CPU, I recommend the AMD Phenom II X4 955 @ 3.2GHz. This thing is a beast as I have used this for about 4 builds already. I have heard nothing but praise from this processor.

As for your motherboard, I would recommend anything from Asus or EVGA. Be sure that the socket type is compatible with your CPU.