Support Forums

Full Version: The best Macintosh?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've been thinking of getting a Macintosh computer.
I currently have been thinking of getting an iMac 27"

The big screen just makes me so jealous. I'd love to watch movies on it, and play the best graphical games. Any suggestions on other Macintosh computers\Laptops?
Depends how much you're willing to spend?

Have a look here:
http://www.apple.com/macpro/

12 core processor... beast or what???

What the hell. It's 12 core now? My god. But I'd still go with the iMac 27" with it's nice view.
(02-11-2011, 05:52 PM)Fragma Wrote: [ -> ]Depends how much you're willing to spend?

Have a look here:
http://www.apple.com/macpro/

12 core processor... beast or what???

Christ. $5000 bucks for that damn thing.

Quote:I currently have been thinking of getting an iMac 27"

The big screen just makes me so jealous. I'd love to watch movies on it, and play the best graphical games.
We use these in my Graphic Arts class in school. They're pretty nice, but if you're working on a big project they can get REALLY slow sometimes and it gets on my nerves. If you're looking to play games, I would get an iMac with the ATI Radeon HD 5670 or ATI Radeon HD 5750.

I would rather have a PC over a Mac though. :3
Yeah. You basically have to have a great graphics card to even use a Mac.
Well, they already do have pretty great graphics cards, but pretty much all computers become slow while working on a huge project.

I suggest getting a macbook pro, and it is portable, so you can go anywhere with it.
Macbook Pro cost's the same price as the iMac 21.5", but with worse specs.

I'm pretty sure MacBooks are less off price, and I think I'll just go for
The iMac 27"
Depends how much your spending. Technically the Mac Pro is the "best" Macintosh, but it won't necessarily appeal to normal users.

I'm currently using the iMac 21.5". It is the base model, but it's still amazing. I got it about 2 months ago, and I'm extremely happy I did. It works well with anything I throw at it, and it actually plays steam games well (Team Fortress 2, Left 4 Dead 2, Killing Floor). I'm also completely in love with All In Ones now. It's so convenient to have everything attached to the screen, even the speakers. It actually gives the computer great portability, (not thinking about weight and size) and makes it extremely easy to move to different places around the house.

From my previous use of the iMac 21.5" that's definitely my suggestion for the money, and features.
Yea the iMac with their big screen are... awesome! I think getting one too!
Pages: 1 2