Support Forums

Full Version: Repair Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, this is a follow-up to my previous thread:
http://www.supportforums.net/showthread.php?tid=15933

I am wondering, as I still have such a slow ass startup, I might consider using the Windows installation disk and use that option "Repair".

Will it make it just like when I got the pc? Fast ;) Will I lose settings?
Thanks
Rather than documenting it all, check the following link: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/681...epair.html

~J4mmy
You wouldn't lose any settings really, all your personal files and options will remain unchanged, depending on what the problem is, things may be changed, but since you don't even need the startup repair, why would you use it? It's designed to be used when the startup fails, but you can try if you want. It won't do any damage.
Well if it doesn't help , what could make the startup so slow, as when i got the pc it was a few seconds.

Is it Bitdefender?
Have you disabled all unneeded startup programs via msconfig?
(02-11-2011, 08:57 AM)J4mmy Wrote: [ -> ]Have you disabled all unneeded startup programs via msconfig?

Hmm... wait is it your boot time or your startup time after login that you need help with. System configuration will only help with the startup time, and doing a startup repair won't really affect the startup time, after logging in. Startup repair is used for when you have problems being able to startup your system (usually to get to the login form for all user accounts on the system)
Agree with above posts. Start up repair will do nothing to fix your problems. Dont even bother.
msconfig is the first option for sure.
I guess from msconfig you could force startup mode and see how quick it boots. As start up eliminates all but the most needed files it should start as quick as it did when you first got it.
If its still slow then it may be a hardware issue. A harddrive getting old is always possible?
Not really offering anything that was not said already actually, but had to make a post. Its been a while Smile
Hey thanks for the replies and sorry for such a late one from me.

Replying to the above, yes I have disaled all of the rubish startup programs, aparently I think it could be the Logitech G-Series Key Profiler and Logitech LCD Manager that seem to make the startup laggy like hell.

Yes, the boot is all great, only startup is laggy like heck (After windows login).
I just guess its the antivirus + those mentioned above.