Support Forums

Full Version: Its Time To Lose The Weight!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
im sad that i have become unrecognizable to some people!
or when i havent seen someone in a long time and they got this expression, like "omg, youve gained SO MUCH weight". ive even been asked if i was pregent, gosh thats the worst!!!

im 5'1 and the last time i weighed myself i was 160, im not sure what i am now almost scared to find out. just a couple years ago i was 120.

ive tried taking pills but i never keep up with them, they make me feel sick.

today a friend of mine posted some pics of me from new years on facebook and i dont even recognize myself. im feed up with being this way!!!
ITS TIME TO GET SERIOUS ABOUT MY WEIGHT!
Are you in school still, or you out? If you are still in it, I know for girls they usually have Body Sculpting or a class like that. It seems like you're already motivated, so I won't go on too much about that. :p But if you're going to be working out at home, it's important to find a partner to work out with. Having a set schedule is also important. (There are some really good ones online, just google for some.) When you work out with a friend, it's like you aren't really working out, but having fun and getting in shape. Another thing you might want to do mentally is put up a picture of what you used to look like or what you want to look like on the fridge and work t'words that. What's your diet like? If it's not very good you should look into eating more healthier things, or lowering the portions of food you eat. I've heard that if you eat a handful of Almonds before a meal it tricks your body into thinking that it's full before you eat too much. I wouldn't recommended pills or a diet. Just pay attention to what you eat. You should read food labels before you buy your food and pick out the healthier one.

Good luck getting in shape!
Don't waste your time with diets or miracle pills, what you need is good old fashioned excercise, 30+ minutes of cardio every day and perhaps some weight training 3-6 days a week, depending on your schedule and the routine you choose.

When buying foods go with higher protein and low in saturated and trans fats, your body still needs unsaturated fats so those aren't a big deal assuming you don't load up on them.
Im not in school, i have purchased P90X a couple months ago...i did it for 3 days then gave up! It has a set schedule and im hoping my boyfriend will join in with me so we can encourage each other. we actually cleaned out our fridge, and going shopping for more healthy items, i dont eat fish but i love baked chicken.
Good to hear you want to lose some weight and have a healthier body, I wish you good luck on your quest!
Well the routine for being healthy is obvious, eat better and work out more. I wish you good luck, i used to be fat up until summer of going to freshman year when i had the same feeling for wanting a change.
(02-11-2011, 12:35 PM)Triny511 Wrote: [ -> ]Well the routine for being healthy is obvious, eat better and work out more. I wish you good luck, i used to be fat up until summer of going to freshman year when i had the same feeling for wanting a change.

Freshman year was also the time I started working out and really started to get in shape.

Quote:Im not in school, i have purchased P90X a couple months ago...i did it for 3 days then gave up! It has a set schedule and im hoping my boyfriend will join in with me so we can encourage each other. we actually cleaned out our fridge, and going shopping for more healthy items, i dont eat fish but i love baked chicken.

It's great that you've cleaned out your fridge and went to get some more healthy items. I usually buy a lot of fruit, but I know that getting the more healthier things can get pretty expensive. (Yay for coupons!) And baked chicken is delicious.
(02-11-2011, 03:38 PM)Gadget Wrote: [ -> ]Freshman year was also the time I started working out and really started to get in shape.

Quote:Im not in school, i have purchased P90X a couple months ago...i did it for 3 days then gave up! It has a set schedule and im hoping my boyfriend will join in with me so we can encourage each other. we actually cleaned out our fridge, and going shopping for more healthy items, i dont eat fish but i love baked chicken.
It's great that you've cleaned out your fridge and went to get some more healthy items. I usually buy a lot of fruit, but I know that getting the more healthier things can get pretty expensive. (Yay for coupons!) And baked chicken is delicious.

Baked chicken is very good, yup Tongue But its not that very healthy now is it? By healthy I mean if you eat alot of it, wouldnt you get "big"? Also eating too much fruit is bad now isnt it? I heard it was bad for your kidneys to have all that acid.

Im not sure though.
(02-11-2011, 05:58 PM)Iris Wrote: [ -> ]Baked chicken is very good, yup Tongue But its not that very healthy now is it? By healthy I mean if you eat alot of it, wouldnt you get "big"? Also eating too much fruit is bad now isnt it? I heard it was bad for your kidneys to have all that acid.

Im not sure though.

For people who only eat fruit some major problems can come up. XD The most common things are dental decay, osteoporosis, wasting of muscle tissue, inability to maintain a healthy weight, chronic fatigue, skin problems, thinning hair, weakening nails, and excessive irritability. Another problem with a high fruit diet is that it can lead to problems involving the hormones that regulate your blood sugar; insulin, glucagon, and growth hormone. A chronic imbalance of these hormones is a sure way to develop cardiovascular disease and diabetes. The good news is that when you eat fruits in moderation, they can contribute to excellent overall health and fitness.

That being said, I don't only eat fruit. Instead of eating a bag of chips or something, I'll munch on a pair. It's not like I eat 5 bananas for breakfast, a large cantaloupe for brunch, 10 apples for lunch and a gallon of mixed berries for dinner. :p
Do you have the features of being chubby if not as you grow you will get bigger in height and in weight.
Pages: 1 2