Support Forums

Full Version: [Tutorial] How to Jailbreak Any Apple Device!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
How to Jailbreak 4.2.1 iPhone, iPod Touch & iPad Untethered! (Tutorial by Deltron)

Notes:
- This will work for any device and for every model from Apple on the 4.2.1 firmware (including the iPod Touch, iPad, iPhone)
- I recommend that you restore to the 4.2.1 firmware before jailbreaking. (Click here for a list of firmwares for your device.)
- This jailbreak is untethered (meaning that you are able to turn your device off and on without affecting the jailbreak).
- This is NOT an unlock.
- This is currently for Mac only, I will update this once Greepois0n comes out for Windows. VIEW BOTTOM OF POST FOR WINDOWS.

Downloads:
Greenpois0n
Diskaid
Fixed Loader

Instructions:
1. Extract all three files. Install the DiskAid by clicking the diskaid.dmg file, and completing the installation process.
2. Plug your device into your Mac, and open Greenpois0n.
3. Jailbreak with Greepois0n. (If you need further directions, click on the spoiler below)
4. Open the DiskAid app and navigate to the fixed_loader folder.
5. In DiskAid click on “Root Folder” to the far left and then click on the “tmp” folder in the first box. Drag and drop the three files from the “tmp” folder in the “fixed_loader” folder you opened earlier into the “tmp” folder on DiskAid, which should be the middle box in the app.
6. Next navigate to the “Applications” folder in DiskAid which is also located in the “Root Folder”. Find the Loader.app file and click on it to open it up.
7. Drag and drop the file called “loader” from the “fixed_loader” folder into the box all the way to the right. It will ask if you want to overwrite the file, do it.
8. Open the Loader app, tap to install Cydia.
9. Enjoy your jailbroken device by Deltron! Tongue

WINDOWS DOWNLOAD

Please take the time to say thanks. Enjoy everyone! Thumbsup
Thanks for this Deltron, I'm sure many people will benefit from this tutorial!
Thanks for this, i will use it in the future
Thank you, gonna bookmark this, because this week my iPhone will arrive.
No problem anyone. Please post here if you have any queries!

I check my threads very often. Smile
I have an ITouch 4, but I haven't gotten around to find the time for jailbreaking it yet. I'll probably research the information on google a bit more before I follow this tutorial because I usually like to do things myself and make sure that they are the best ways of doing things.
(02-06-2011, 12:51 PM)Infinity Wrote: [ -> ]I have an ITouch 4, but I haven't gotten around to find the time for jailbreaking it yet. I'll probably research the information on google a bit more before I follow this tutorial because I usually like to do things myself and make sure that they are the best ways of doing things.

There are only so many ways of jailbreaking your device. Because most program uses the same exploit, the only difference is the GUI. Let me know if you have any questions. Smile
(02-06-2011, 01:09 PM)Deltron Wrote: [ -> ]There are only so many ways of jailbreaking your device. Because most program uses the same exploit, the only difference is the GUI. Let me know if you have any questions. Smile

I don't have any questions, I just meant that I would rather research and jailbreak my iTouch by myself and figure things out on my own.
(02-06-2011, 02:37 PM)Infinity Wrote: [ -> ]I don't have any questions, I just meant that I would rather research and jailbreak my iTouch by myself and figure things out on my own.

I see what you mean now. Sorry. Pinch
(02-06-2011, 02:39 PM)Deltron Wrote: [ -> ]I see what you mean now. Sorry. Pinch

lol I've already found out a few things for my iPhone, but now I have to customize the iTouch I got a while back to what I want Smile

I like the sense of accomplishment I get from doing things on my own

There was another program for Jailbreaking that I found, different from your list, but I can't remember the name, they give you a .plist file as well that you can edit
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5