Support Forums

Full Version: my social skills are plumiting......
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
well it started in elementary school, I was very social and knew what to say and how to say it at all times. In middle school I was social and talked with people that approached me or if I "felt" like talking to them only. Now in high school I'm the silent one in the background and I almost have no confidence to talk with anyone and in those awkward instances (where no one has anything to say) I cant think of anything to start a conversation, like my brain goes dead when I talk/ hang around people.

btw im 15, Is there anyway to get my social skills back?

I would REALLY Love some help in the situation Sad
You just have to be yourself, Don't try to fit in with people that are not like you. If you have to change the way you act for certain people, you will be called two faced. So just strike up a conversation with someone, as them how they are doing and what they have going on in the future. So bottom line, Be yourself kid. Don't let people look down on you. Smile
(02-03-2011, 09:37 PM)GSR Wrote: [ -> ]You just have to be yourself, Don't try to fit in with people that are not like you. If you have to change the way you act for certain people, you will be called two faced. So just strike up a conversation with someone, as them how they are doing and what they have going on in the future. So bottom line, Be yourself kid. Don't let people look down on you. Smile

its not that, (I'm confident I'm myself) its just I have no confidence in my talking/speech and don't know what to say and stuff like that, I can strike up a conversation with anyone though.
Find people with the same similar/interests as you do. In doing so, you can talk about things you enjoy without any problems.
Try watching some soap operas, it will arouse your want for socializing.
^ Dont do that.

I found myself with the same problem dude. im 15 in high-school. Was real silent, few friends. But dude its the age of the internet. Try finding people on Skype, talk to them. Build up talking skill that way. If you mess up talking on skype, it doesnt matter, because it is with people you dont know. Plus us internet people forget things ALL THE TIME! If you like add me on skype. my name is JR Norris. but my ID is techbuzzer. I can add you into a few group calls and you can get to know me and my freinds.
Just think on how you acted in elementary school, been social wasn't very hard then and you were social. Just start being social again like elementary, if it worked then, why wouldn't it work now?
You can't always know what to say when you talk to someone, you just have to go with the flow.
Depending on how hard it is to talk to people, you might want to try talking to people online first. Go to chatroulette or omegle, and try and keep a conversation going.