Support Forums

Full Version: How can I be a good Samaritin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My physics class is an all juniors class and there is this one sophomore girl in my class. I am friends with her but not really like tight friends. She is on my track team so we sort of just get along when we are together. I am also a junior by the way.

Anyways the boys in my class tend to bully her. They will take away her water bottle, throw things at her, spill water on her, they say sexual things to her, among other things. These boys that do this to her always smile when they do this and I think they are all just hormonal and stuff. She always smiles when they do this to her because she doesn't want to react negatively so the boys think that they are never going to far. But they are going too far. And I can tell when I see things happen to her.

Should I intervene and be serious for her (since she can't do it) or should I sit back and watch it happen? I really want to intervene because I care about her but I don't really know the proper way to do so. Any ideas?

The boys are all really obnoxious, annoying, stupid morons.
Is it where she is constantly being harassed or is it because the boys are doing it for fun?

These actions are usually a sign of affection for another person.
(02-01-2011, 09:42 PM)Deltron Wrote: [ -> ]Is it where she is constantly being harassed or is it because the boys are doing it for fun?

These actions are usually a sign of affection for another person.

That is what I thought too. I think the boys are hormonal and don't know how to appropriately express their affection. But does their intentions make it an okay thing to do? Shouldn't I try and push them in the right direction to express their affection in an appropriate way?
Do something about it. Letting these things happen causes people to kill themselves, I've lost a couple friends this way. :/

I would say stand up for her unless these kids are the violent type and you are not confident you could kick their asses if it came to that. Although if they take it too far she might do something serious to herself or someone around her. It's hard to tell without actually knowing the people. Me personally, would stand up to her but I'm nearly 6' and I'm noly 14 so they probably wouldn't attack me. So I say stand up to them cause if you don't and something bad happens you will regret it for a VERY long time.
^ That was me BTW I just forgot to sign in.
I'd tell them off if I were you. I was once bullied too, but someone I didn't know stood up for me, and that really made me feel good. I've been doing the same thing as much as I can. But of course, you have to choose your battles, I know it's a noble act to defend someone, but if they prove to be too strong for you, you should just leave it to the authorities. And yeah, that's another idea, tell the authorities about it.
Stand up for her and you know she will thank you later.
Don't waste time speculating on what their motives are -- teasing which crosses the line into bullying is wrong. Follow your instinct to do the right thing, and stand up for her.
ya you should stand up for her, not only because thats pretty stupid to bully, especially a girl but also get some creds with her ;)
Pages: 1 2