Support Forums

Full Version: Headphones wont work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
None of my headphones have been able to work since I installed Ubuntu, i can play out the speakers of my laptop but none of the headphones will work. anyone have any suggestions or know how to fix it?

thanks
is this only happening with ubuntu??? try it on windows to see if it works cause it might be a hardware problem
(02-01-2011, 04:12 PM)death_the_kid Wrote: [ -> ]is this only happening with ubuntu??? try it on windows to see if it works cause it might be a hardware problem
ya they work fine when i switch to windows (dual boot) but when i switch to ubuntu they just dont work. ive seen the same problems on google but noone really knows how to fix it.

Open your terminal and type "alsamixer" to check whether or not they are muted.
yeah it is kinda weird. i dont know if it works but click on the volume icon on the taskbar and go to the preferences, then output and choose analog headphones on the conector area. just give it a try
(02-01-2011, 04:19 PM)Fragma Wrote: [ -> ]Open your terminal and type "alsamixer" to check whether or not they are muted.

nope there full blast
(02-01-2011, 04:19 PM)death_the_kid Wrote: [ -> ]yeah it is kinda weird. i dont know if it works but click on the volume icon on the taskbar and go to the preferences, then output and choose analog headphones on the conector area. just give it a try

they dont even show up in the list only my sound card
It can be problem with your audio driver , or buy a new headphones and try
are you using Headphone with USB?
For volume on Ubuntu, you have to enable it V.I.A the terminal.
I don't remember exactly how but I'm sure you can look it up.