Support Forums

Full Version: E4 Logo - Just a little compositing test
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I decided to have a play around on Cinema 4D, this was my outcome after about 10 minutes...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-b5ekxiKiI[/youtube]

Messed up a bit with the camera which cuts some of the shadow off but I'll learn for next time.

Um the shadows are all wrong.
Look like it's gone crazy at the start. Big Grin
They're not wrong lol. They are a result of the lighting which is rendered by Cinema 4D.

But I could position the lighting differently.

There are 3 lights there at the moment, which were accidentally left in after trying something else.
Just tried it now with 1 light and it looks a lot more realistic.
Updated the OP with better shadowing.

Although I couldn't be bothered waiting all night for it to render so it doesn't have Global Illumination like the previous clip.
The shadowing is perfectly fine...

Great animation, although the background is a bit irrelevant. Tongue
(01-31-2011, 04:06 PM)Deltron Wrote: [ -> ]The shadowing is perfectly fine...

Great animation, although the background is a bit irrelevant. Tongue

Well it was just a compositing test so I didn't really go for a relevant background. Tongue

yeah, it looks pretty good
(01-31-2011, 10:23 AM)Untouch Wrote: [ -> ]Um the shadows are all wrong.
Look like it's gone crazy at the start. Big Grin

lol no they aren't wrong at all. Try pausing the video at different times in the video and visualize where the light is coming from. It's definitely the correct shadowing.

But this looks a little too basic for me. It's good and simple, but it doesn't look like a whole lot with just a background behind a 3D object, maybe you could move the camera around a bit. Spice it up a bit more. The background image looks more flat, and with the depth of the 3D object they don't coincide very well.
(01-31-2011, 04:06 PM)Deltron Wrote: [ -> ]The shadowing is perfectly fine...
Infinity Wrote:lol no they aren't wrong at all. Try pausing the video at different times in the video and visualize where the light is coming from. It's definitely the correct shadowing.

That's because he updated it and changed the video...
They are good now but before it was bad.
(02-02-2011, 08:10 AM)Untouch Wrote: [ -> ]
Infinity Wrote:lol no they aren't wrong at all. Try pausing the video at different times in the video and visualize where the light is coming from. It's definitely the correct shadowing.

That's because he updated it and changed the video...
They are good now but before it was bad.

They didn't look good, but they were rightly placed.