Support Forums

Full Version: Slow StartUp All Of a Sudden + Wierd Graphics Card Crash
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello to all IT support on SF,

I am in need of help finding some problems that have all of a sudden occured on my computer.

First of all here's a list of specs of my desktop:
Code:
Operating System
    MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
CPU
    Intel Core i3 530  @ 2.93GHz    33 °C
    Clarkdale 32nm Technology
RAM
    4.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 666MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
    Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. H55M-S2H (Socket 1156)
Graphics
    TLU-01911C (1440x900@60Hz)
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 220
        - NVIDIA Driver version    8.17.12.5896
Hard Drives
    1TB Seagate ST3500418AS ATA Device (SATA)

First of all, the past week I have been having really laggy start-ups. Well iinfact, the windows startup is 2 seconds slower, but the startup of all the programs on my pc can take up to 2 minutes, as before it was less than 30 seconds. So I thought, what have I installed? Nothing apart from the G-Keyprofiler & Logitech LCD Manager, of my Logitech G15 keyboard, and I really doubt it could be that.
What should I do to see what it could be?
I thought It could be out-dated drivers so I used the program Driver Checker (with serial) to check and update some drivers, it all worked fine apart from:
[Image: rOu8o.png]
Which I've kept installing but it never actually updates it!

___

My second error is a strange one, my graphics card (NVIDIA GeForce GT 220) just suddenly stops after playing or using a high ram / cpu. I have tried sending the error report but it just send me to a HP website, I dont even have a HP!
The error:
[Image: L1hqV.png]
The page just shows me a survey of HP with the error:
[Image: bVzMq.png]

Thank you for your time, which is greatly apreciated!
John
Hi johnronder

First of dont use third party programs to check for drivers as these types of programs dont always get it right. Visit your manufacturer website or vendor for the most upto date drivers.

Secondly i recommend you download and install MalwareBytes Free, update it then reboot into safemode and run a full scan, check the log for infections, if you have any select all and delete them, then reboot back into normal mode and run another full scan.

then download and install Ccleaner and clean up your windows temp files/internet cache etc..

then report back to see how you got on then we can take it from there if more action is needed.

good luck
Bugsy
Well I had both and already done both in normal mode, so I tried just now in safe mode, No infections and cleaned temp files. No difference.

Can you tell me where to manually check or get driver updates?
You will need to go here for the drivers, just follow the instructions it will ask for your computer details.

I've gone there and It doesnt find any of my drivers
I have the same problem!! :O!

If you find anything please tell me.

I also did a thread about my problem!

Look at your graphic card fan and tell me if it's working because mine is not working anymore maybe the problem is caused by that!
No I checked my fans the minute my pc lagged at startup and they were working great Sad But if you do get any info please share it ;)
Bump, still need help!
(01-31-2011, 10:26 AM)Bugsy Wrote: [ -> ]Hi johnronder

First of dont use third party programs to check for drivers as these types of programs dont always get it right. Visit your manufacturer website or vendor for the most upto date drivers.

I agree with this.
Here's the most updated driver for your graphics card. Try updating it and see if it helps.

Also, run Windows update and update everything, even optional things.
Thanks for the drivers, it seems to be working nice now ;)

Just gotta figure out what the slow startup is now.
Pages: 1 2