Support Forums

Full Version: My laptop turns itself on when in sleep mode
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I close the lid it goes into sleep mode and then when I wake up in the morning its on. How can I fix that ? thx
There is a few things that you could try.

Make sure nothing is waking up the computer such as the internet or running programs.
Close down any unnecessary programs that are already running by using the Task Manager.

To make sure the internet is not causing the problem there are two ways to check; either disconnect from the wireless connection so you can not get on the internet or simply unplug your ethernet cable.

You can also use the Device Manager for this problem.
Once you have found your Device Manager right click on either the network card you are using or the wireless card. Then click on properties there should be a new window that opens click on the Power Management tab.
Now there should be a box that says: Allow this device to wake up the computer

If none of this works you could always use the Hibernate feature.

This is just some ideas of how to fix the problem.
If the problem persists please get back to me with the make and model of your laptop.
Use the Device Manager method that suffice suggested. I had this same issue on Windows 7 and it fixed it.

EDIT: Nevermind, it still happens sometimes.
Mine will do that sometimes, It doesnt bother me though.
Maybe any fan need be cleaned of dust !!!

Open and check it out.

Regards.

(01-31-2011, 07:57 AM)genocho Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe any fan need be cleaned of dust !!!

Open and check it out.

Regards.

I cleaned mine after it did it a couple times because it got sooo hot.
ya mine does this sometimes also, i just started turning it off completely
You should just turn it off before bed.
It shouldn't be too much of a problem unless it takes 30 minutes to startup...