Support Forums

Full Version: Big Issue with my Graphics Card, or Monitor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently downloaded Windows 7 Ultimate 64x, and I've been experiencing problems with either my Graphics card (ATI Radeon HD 5670), or my Monitor.

At first when I restarted my computer as soon as the computer was about to load in the login screen for Windows 7 it went black. You could see the mouse pointer, and here the music it played when it finished loading, but you could see nothing but blackness, and the only way you can access the computer is by Safe Mode, regardless of how many times you restart the computer.

Secondly, as soon as I deleted my Video Card drivers I would be able to access the computer again, and as soon as I re-installed the drivers into my computer, and restart it, my monitor (Samsung SyncMaster 2253LW) would give me this error report "Mode not supported", and the screen resolution will not change to the suggested one my monitor supports.

I downloaded the Catalyst Control Center, and it says "ATI Product not found", so I looked in my devices, and found that the driver was installed for my graphics. Also, I tried and change my screen resolution, and it doesn't show it as "SyncMaster 2253LW", it shows it as default monitor.

I'm running DVI on my monitor. For some reason it's saying I'm using a VGA monitor?

Please help me, thank you.
Take out the graphics card and reseat it or make sure it is seated correctly.

Make sure your monitor is set to detect DVI its probably still set to detect VGA you should be able to change this using the menu on your monitor.
Most bioses automatically disable onboard video when you install a video card in the PCI-E slot. Have you checked to see if it's being recognized in there?

Did you reinstall the drivers in safe mode?

Also, make sure that in the video config for the BIOS that you have:

Advanced > Video Configuration
  • Boot Display Device - DVI
The drivers automatically install by itself, the problem is that it installs not in Safe Mode, and when it's down installing it reboots my computer, and my monitor gets the "Mode not support" which the resolution goes to like 1600x1200, when it's suppose to be at 1600x1050. When I access Safe Mode to adjust the resolution it does not give me an option to adjust it to the native resolution, not only that it says the video card does not exist.

Would someone be able to take 5-10 minutes out of their time to use Team Viewer so you can better educate yourself on this situation I'm dealing with. Thanks for responding though, I really appreciate your help.
Quick Update

[Image: i6bjop.png]

Checked the driver's version is 8.801.0.0

ISSUE SOLVED, ADJUSTED THE MODE FROM MY MONITOR, thanks!
(01-25-2011, 01:34 PM)Razzo Wrote: [ -> ]ISSUE SOLVED, ADJUSTED THE MODE FROM MY MONITOR, thanks!

lol that's all it was? Usually when I deal with problems it's always on the more complicated side of things because I know all of the basics, I wouldn't have suggested anything so simple. It's usually not like that for me so i'm not used to that Smile

Haah, that's odd. I guess I had it on different mode without noticing it. Thanks a lot though, really appreciate the time and effort you put into helping me.