Support Forums

Full Version: I've decided to take up VB.NET
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well basically I learned basic skills a while back (php,css,html, etc haha) and I want to start producing stuff with all my wasted time.

- What books do you recommend?
- How do you recommend I go about learning Vb.NET
- Ideas of some tools I can build? may or may not be related to "hacking"

Thanks
Unfortunately we can't give you any ideas for hacking material on SF due to the rules, however it's always good to start learning by an ebook. Download some VB source codes, and look at each part of the code to see how it works. Watch some youtube videos to see how other beginner programmers use the code to get what they want the app to do. You can do a lot, but I would start off by learning how loops, if then statements and all of that works first.

Try getting a button to open a messagebox or a new form. And also try getting a button to close a form, or maybe use a messagebox with several options to confirm the close of the form using an if then statment. Take it from there, and keep learning about other things involved in VB. Functions are good to learn later on.
Vb.net and 6.0 are easy programming languages to learn and you should get a grip of the basic's quickly. I personally learned it at college years ago and never used books there but I can recommend this thread my friend posted a few days ago. It will help learn some of the basics.
http://www.whitelight.me.uk/forums/showt...php?tid=83
If you can't see it you'll need to register.
Guys, I CANNOT learn via ebooks, only books. Ebooks always cause me to get distracted and crap, with a book I can sit down and read.
Can somebody please recommend some good books?
But I do appreciate the help you have given me and I will be doing some beginner programs soon hopefully
Honestly i think youtube is the best by far, i even signed up for a paid online course but the tutorials on youtube were actually better i found
I learned it in high school, and it was pretty easy. I suggest asking a friend to give you a one-on-one tutorial once a week.
youtube is the best place for video tutorials. there are many vid tuts out there you might wanna try it.