Support Forums

Full Version: OMG I almost got phished! (Fake Facebook Page!!!)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok guys, I just have to tell you this.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/FBD-FaceBo...4002146823

It looks like a real website, but when you login to it, it sends your email and password right to the hackers. F.B.D. facebook defenders is bee esss...
[Image: e27cc49d4e6aa0e0bb0339fa3aaece74.png]
[Image: c98d86d3745c48651f0d70287e387cfe.png]

WOW... I mean really thats full of crap.

The webpage looked the exact same as the trusted one in facebook.
The page displayed in the first screenshot doesn't really look like real FB to me.
nah not to me either.......looks abit fishy on the first look at it........
What are you talking about? That's a page on facebook that you can "like."
That's a false positive (well in terms of the phishing site accusation), that's just a page on facebook that you can "like" as mentioned before. login.facebook.com is just a subdomain from facebook.com.

You'll see forums that have a main site:

Code:
something.com

and instead of using the normal directory method of locating the forum area in something.com/forum.php or whatever, you can make it...

Code:
forum.something.com

lol that isn't a "copied" site of facebook. and https is just http secure. The security certificate is something completely different too, and I noticed your using google chrome *tsk tsk* Non
People now adays... Wacko Went through all that effort just to make a phisher, and for what!?

It's just stupid in my opinion. How you could get so much enjoyment of such a cruel thing...
(01-23-2011, 09:20 PM)Liberated360 Wrote: [ -> ]People now adays... Wacko Went through all that effort just to make a phisher, and for what!?

It's just stupid in my opinion. How you could get so much enjoyment of such a cruel thing...

It's not a phishing site lol, refer to the post above yours. Read the rest of the thread, I posted that information for others to read so that they didn't have any confusion Blackhat
I would have never caught that. Good thing you have good web browser protection.
This is not a phishing site, a phish site cannot fake a facebook.com domain?...
(01-24-2011, 05:57 PM)Corpse Wrote: [ -> ]I would have never caught that. Good thing you have good web browser protection.

It's not a phishing site lol, if people don't read the thread for the rest of the comments, then they will miss my comment about it not being a phishing site. I guess i'll just have to let them keep thinking that facebook is it's own phishing site. Smile

(01-24-2011, 06:08 PM)Sam Wrote: [ -> ]This is not a phishing site, a phish site cannot fake a facebook.com domain?...

That's what I've been trying to say in my posts so far, but it seems they don't read the thread at all before they post lol. that login.facebook.com is just a subdomain that facebook has added to it's main domain facebook.com.

It's not a phishing site, it's the same site.

@Original Post - you need to do some research on what a security certificate is as well just so that you understand what was going on. Google chrome is bad.
Pages: 1 2