Support Forums

Full Version: Friend argument....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Ok I've known this guy since 5th grade and were both in 10th now. There was a time in 7th grade where he just stopped liking me and would be an butthead and we'd always argue. Then in 8th grade until now weve been friends. We never had a heart to heart chat because he's too stuck up and proud to. We just have a lot of fun together.

Note the both of us are popular in school. Im posting this anonymous so it doesnt look like Im bragging

So I make a status on facebook "goin out to eat hmu" and he replies saying "no." joking or not I say "stfu your mad annoying" and then he texts me saying yo and I say wut and tell him to "hop off."

then we just got into a 2 hour long and 80 text fight where we pointed out all of your insecurities and embarassing moments.

what do i do? i softly hinted at ending the convo twice but he just keeps going. i know hes gonna get the rest of the crew to bandwagon. and in school all of us are absolute clowns so theyll bandwagon for fun but i wouldnt show it hurting...

help?
Just like a lot of people, I think fighting strengthens your friendship in the long run. After fighting, at least one side would realize that he's wrong. When both parties cool down and after all the apologizing has been done, those wrongs or mistakes would be kept in mind, thus not being repeated again. That would strengthen your friendship because you would know more about each other, including what makes him/her tick.

I suggest just letting him cool down and let time do the healing. If one of you guys swallow your pride, it's likely that the other will do the same. I don't believe that friendships really do end unless they were built up on lies.

im afraid the friendship is built upon lies though.....it started where i tried fitting in and when i did fit in i opened up about my insecurities. there wont be apologies if anything well just go back to hanging out

idk what to do.
(01-22-2011, 10:34 PM)Guest Wrote: [ -> ]im afraid the friendship is built upon lies though.....it started where i tried fitting in and when i did fit in i opened up about my insecurities. there wont be apologies if anything well just go back to hanging out

idk what to do.

To be frank, a friendship built upon lies is not a real friendship. If he wouldn't accept you as you are, maybe you shouldn't befriend him. There might be more sensible people at your place that you can hang out with. Don't burn any bridges though, you guys just might connect well sometime soon.

ive been thinking of it since the 7th grade argument.....we arent really BESTFRIENDS and share everything togther and i feel like im missing out. should i drop it completely with my whole crew now? its like that with all of em..are friends for helping with problems or having fun?

like i told him i have a modded xbox and occasionally make youtube videos...something no one knows about which is what i meant by open up.

i just dont know
Friends are both for having fun and helping with problems. Just think that friends are the next best thing that you have next to family. Sometimes they can be much more a family than what you have back home. Friends should give you that feeling that you are loved.

Anyway, I don't think you should drop your entire crew. As I said, don't burn bridges, who knows, they all might be just like you, looking for a place where they belong. Maybe you should just try and befriending other people as well.

ok thanks ill do that because they arent that too me..
Ignore him and stop texting him 'argument stuff', just deal with his ignorance and you'll have fun in them good times.