Support Forums

Full Version: thinking ahead
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, so as some of you know some don't, i am in 9th grade. I am thinking about stuff for college and i was wondering what is some stuff i can do to get ready for college? I am wanting to do as follows in college

Major:
Computer science
Computer and Information Systems Security

minors:
Criminal Justice
Computer Programming
Network and System Administration

(maybe philosophy / psychology)
so what are some things i can do now to get ready? i am taking an Ap math class this year, and spanish. the rest currently are regular classes although next year i will be in vo-tech and then maybe one or two more Ap classes.
Seem like excellent goals as i wat to major Criminal Justice.
First of all, to be able to get in to a good college/university, start off by doing good in school now. Academically inclined students are what colleges are looking for. As for your plans on the courses you are going to take, just maintain your interest in computers and that should get you going.

My advice is that you have to be 100% sure of what you want to get into. You wouldn't want to regret getting in a course that you realized isn't your interest, it would not be advisable to quit or shift to another course because it would set you back especially if your shifting to an entirely different course.

Anyway, good luck with your preparations, it is important to figure out what you want to be while you are still young. Stay focused in your studies, and again, good luck.
For cyber security, I suggest going to an online school to practice removing malware to advance your knowledge in security. Shoot me a pm for some sites.