Support Forums

Full Version: Slow USB Transfer Rate
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I transfer from my computer to my external HD or vice versa, I get a very decent speed. However, any transfer going or coming from my Kingston 2GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive takes really long. It wasn't always like that.

Any idea why it began going so slow recently? I've been using the same port for as long as I can remember. The only change I can think of having made is changing the Flash Drive's format type from NTSC to FAT32 in order to read media files on my Xbox 360.

Any help is appreciated.

It could be the type. Try changing it back.

If not, sometimes flash drives just get old and don't work anymore.
(01-22-2011, 11:43 AM)Laugh Wrote: [ -> ]If not, sometimes flash drives just get old and don't work anymore.

I highly doubt that.
It happened to two of mine...it may because they are from ebay but after around 2 years they just stopped working. I took perfect care of them. It started transferring slow, to not transferring, to loss of data.
(01-22-2011, 12:56 PM)Laugh Wrote: [ -> ]It happened to two of mine...it may because they are from ebay but after around 2 years they just stopped working. I took perfect care of them. It started transferring slow, to not transferring, to loss of data.

I'll try it out. But if that's the case, how will I watch movies on my Xbox? FAT32 is the only one that works...
In Device Manager, right-click the USB drive in Disk drives folder, then select Properties, switch to Policies tab, and choose Optimize for performance. Click OK to keep it. Check the issue again.
Also, Vista has a slower transfer rate than XP, I'm not sure if it applies with 7.
It doesent apply with windows 7.
They completely revamped the file transfering,its as fast as(If not faster) than XP.
(01-23-2011, 11:42 AM)Alex4921 Wrote: [ -> ]It doesent apply with windows 7.
They completely revamped the file transfering,its as fast as(If not faster) than XP.

I would agree, i've had the same machine on both Windows Vista and Windows 7, and Win7 is by far faster in file transfer rate than Vista. Nothing based from my hardware was changed. Vista is just a beta version of Windows 7 in my opinion. Something that should have never been released as a separate OS. Microsoft goes for profit though, so of course they wouldn't do that Smile
I did some searching and think I'm going to buy this once I get some extra cash. It looks like a beast. (The 32GB Corsair Flash Voyager)

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/fastest-u...e2010.html