Support Forums

Full Version: [Rate] Advertisement
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
[Image: Advert.gif]

What do you guys think about it?

Is it too slow? What could I add to make it better? Or what could I remove?

CnC please. Oui
It's good the way as it is by visual side, but you could make the text come out faster as some users may just scroll past it without noticing the actual text on it being "TALKGFX". Nice work though!

~J4mmy
its nice but i would say make the T fade like the other letters instead of being static, and speed it up a bit

(hope you dont mind did an example of what i ment)
[Image: examplec.gif]
I would suggest a "fade-out" effect for the text. Also, would suggest using a different font for the talk gfx, looks a little childish to me. Besides that it looks pretty good Smile
(01-21-2011, 12:37 PM)Corpse Wrote: [ -> ]I would suggest a "fade-out" effect for the text. Also, would suggest using a different font for the talk gfx, looks a little childish to me. Besides that it looks pretty good Smile

It's the font for my forum.

Thanks for the feedback guys.
No I wouldn't suggest spacing them out like that, I think it looks good the way he has it. The only thing I had in mind from reading the first post is that "TalkGFx" is a little too far to the left, and the top of the overall image. I would try centering it a bit more between the "New" area, and the left far edge. And maybe moving it down a couple pixels to center it vertically a bit more.
Here's what I would suggest:

[Image: sdfgp.png]

This is without the animation, but thats what the text should end up like in my opinion when it's fully visible.

The red selected area I made just to suggest adding in maybe a Phone image there? A fully orange colored phone outline and fill. Not a cellphone, I was picturing more of a regular home phone. But it's just what I pictured in my mind when I thought about "TalkGFX"

You can move the "Your | Graphics | Community" as desired, I didn't really think about that text's placement.
I think it looks pretty good.
[Image: sdfgp.png]

wow, I just realised that when I moved parts of the image and repainted the background how bad of a job I did, didn't notice it at first, but the black that I painted in was actually supposed to be a dark grey lol. I had my monitor contrast and brightness turned down though until now. But you should get the idea of what I was trying to point out still..
1. Make the T fade-in like the others.
2. Remove the |'s in Your|Graphics|Community. It makes it seem awkward at first glance.
3. Speed it up
(01-21-2011, 06:32 PM)Laugh Wrote: [ -> ]1. Make the T fade-in like the others.
2. Remove the |'s in Your|Graphics|Community. It makes it seem awkward at first glance.
3. Speed it up

without the "|"s though it looks wrong for some reason, trust me i've tried. Also, it's already fast enough. Too fast and it gives off a weird feeling to the ad. The speed it's at right now is good psychologically because too fast, and the ad seems like it's right in your face, which can be annoying.
Pages: 1 2 3