Support Forums

Full Version: Cinema 4D
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Second attempt at Cinema 4D. Follwed a tutorial on this one, gave it a shot. I was pleased with the results, the regular tutorial only used like 30,000 things of grass, I bumped it up to 100,000 to give it that sexy look.

CnC

You should have stuck with the tutorials 30,000 rather than nudging up to 100,000.

The green is a little too overpowering.

Nice attempt anyway.
The middle doesn't look like grass and the soil doesn't look real at all. Smile
Still better than what I can do, never used c4d before.
I want to get it sometime.
Yeh you definitely need to add a material onto the soil so it looks realistic.
Thank you all for your concerns. Keep in mind that I've only used C4D for one day, and that's my first time ever trying anything. The "Grass" isn't really grass as you can't really create that in c4d, so it's just fur. It's not going to be that realistic.
Grass is never that thick, there was a reason why they had it set to 30 000
(01-21-2011, 01:52 PM).ink Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you all for your concerns. Keep in mind that I've only used C4D for one day, and that's my first time ever trying anything. The "Grass" isn't really grass as you can't really create that in c4d, so it's just fur. It's not going to be that realistic.

I know its only fur, but I've seen what it can look like with less than you have used, and it's a lot more realistic.

Also your green is, maybe a bit too bright.
(01-21-2011, 02:05 PM)Fragma Wrote: [ -> ]I know its only fur, but I've seen what it can look like with less than you have used, and it's a lot more realistic.

Also your green is, maybe a bit too bright.

I would agree with that, the lightest i've seen grass, is around the color of SF green. but i'ts usually a darker shade.

Right now it looks like cartoon grass in a more realistic view.

Grass (Big image) (Click to View)