Support Forums

Full Version: Does Religion Affect your Daily life?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
This is more a questionnaire to improve myself really, but I could say I am. Being a Buddhist I still think what should I and what I shouldn't.
Not really seeing as how I am agnostic.
Although I love to have a conversation on religion as long it doesn't get too heated.

I don't believe in religion, I believe that it's more of a psychological need for people to have a sense of understanding in life on their own terms. I'm pretty sure there are some stories behind all of them, but I would think that because a lot of them are old, lots of them have been changed and over-exaggerated as well.

I only believe what science tells me so I don't have a problem with religion in my daily life at all, and I don't mind them either. I just think a lot of them are silly, however whenever I say that people get mad at me lol. I don't know why though, there's no real proof that any religion is true, and I'm ONLY saying what my own opinions are.

I laugh at the people that try to tell me that I SHOULD be a Christian or I SHOULD be a certain religion though lol. They don't know what my beliefs are.

That's about the only trouble I have with religion. People are too arrogant.
Nope..never depends on somebody I guess
(01-17-2011, 09:22 PM)Infinity Wrote: [ -> ]I don't believe in religion, I believe that it's more of a psychological need for people to have a sense of understanding in life on their own terms. I'm pretty sure there are some stories behind all of them, but I would think that because a lot of them are old, lots of them have been changed and over-exaggerated as well.

I only believe what science tells me so I don't have a problem with religion in my daily life at all, and I don't mind them either. I just think a lot of them are silly, however whenever I say that people get mad at me lol. I don't know why though, there's no real proof that any religion is true, and I'm ONLY saying what my own opinions are.

I laugh at the people that try to tell me that I SHOULD be a Christian or I SHOULD be a certain religion though lol. They don't know what my beliefs are.

That's about the only trouble I have with religion. People are too arrogant.

Tell you right now most of what you're saying is true, a religion really is to give people hope in dark times and hope that a saver would bless them to get them out of it. But that's different in most religions like me I'm semi-Buddhist which means I'd go to the temple once a month, but I believe only some of what I believe.And honestly once I'm getting old and tiring I'm gonna go full buddhist and find nirvana before I'm truly at peace.

And people who try to convert and recruit people to change religions or join religions are just horrible in my opinion.
As how I see things, you do not think about religion every single day whether you are Christian or Atheist. It doesn't affect your daily life. Probably if you are a true believer the only thing probably would change is going to church and praying. It is more of a psychologic thing.
(01-17-2011, 09:31 PM)Epicly Wrote: [ -> ]Tell you right now most of what you're saying is true, a religion really is to give people hope in dark times and hope that a saver would bless them to get them out of it. But that's different in most religions like me I'm semi-Buddhist which means I'd go to the temple once a month, but I believe only some of what I believe.And honestly once I'm getting old and tiring I'm gonna go full buddhist and find nirvana before I'm truly at peace.

And people who try to convert and recruit people to change religions or join religions are just horrible in my opinion.

It's all personal preference, see I don't find anything wrong or see anything wrong in what you want to do or what you believe in either. I can't decide someone's beliefs for them, I just think it gets out of hand because people try to do that too often.

It's all about who's right in the end. Thats the way most people think, and they try to convince themselves that too. Government restricts religions and things like that. Some of the religions have dangerous practices though that disregard laws too, which I why I think thats where they should restrict parts of the religion. Some of the restrictions that government makes though are nonsense.

But how can you give certain people freedom and rights to do one thing because of their religion in a society that believes in equal human rights?

There's lots of ways i've SEEN conflict in religion and problems, but I've only had a few that affect my daily life.

(01-17-2011, 09:44 PM)Hollow™ Wrote: [ -> ]As how I see things, you do not think about religion every single day whether you are Christian or Atheist. It doesn't affect your daily life. Probably if you are a true believer the only thing probably would change is going to church and praying. It is more of a psychologic thing.

You don't understand that religion can cause problems in other ways though as well. Not just whether you think about religion or not.
I think it's subconscious for me. I do things based on whether I think they are "good" or "bad" not whether it is in the Ten commandments or if it's mentioned as a sin. As far as controlling my life, I don't think it plays a significant role. If I want to go to the mall on Sunday and there is church. I will most likely goto the mall if my friends are going. That might just be because I'm just not a die-hard Christian. It varies person to person, but I don't really let religion govern my life too much. I do think about my religion daily though.
(01-17-2011, 09:44 PM)Hollow™ Wrote: [ -> ]As how I see things, you do not think about religion every single day whether you are Christian or Atheist. It doesn't affect your daily life. Probably if you are a true believer the only thing probably would change is going to church and praying. It is more of a psychologic thing.

I'm not a true believer of buddism, I'm semi buddhist. It only affects my morals reallys.
I won't share my views on religion here as I tend to do so rather bluntly but suffice it to say I am Atheist, since there never has and never will be any reliable proof of a God.

That said religion has an impact on this world in a huge way, so just not believing in it doesn't mean it doesn't affect me.
Pages: 1 2 3