Support Forums

Full Version: How to play WOW on dialup! TUT
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Alright most people are probably thinking man i have dialup i cant play any good games. You are so wrong my friend.Hehe

1.First things first get the game.. Wacko NO brainer.

2.Then see what version you have. When you start the game towards the bottom it of the screen it will say the current version or it will start downloading the next patch.

3.You have to check and see how many patches you need to get the current version. I recommend getting atleast one of the expansions which will update the version of the game more.

4.After you find what version you have go somewhere faster connection to download the patches or this is where you friend comes in. Ask you friend to put the patches on a burned cd or flashdrive. Thumbsup

5.If you need to go somewhere to get the patches i recommend downloading from fileplanet.com its alot more trustworthy then torrents. If you not carefull you can get viruses easily from torrents.Blink

6.Alright save the file to the desktop and wait for the patch to get done downloading. After the file is done downloading copy it to your flashdrive or burn it on a data cd.

7.Now your back home and have the patches.. What you do know is copy the patches to your computer and run them. This will update your game of course.Thumbsup

I usaully put them in the wow program folder and run them from there.

These are some things you cant do when playing on dialup..
1.Participate in large raids.
2.Go in capital cities at peak times. like orgrimmar and Ironforge.
3.Sometimes lags effect your pvp especially for rouges.
4. Battlegrounds can be really laggy at times.

I have been playing wow on dialup for a longtime.. finally getting faster internet soonYeye wow is very playable and fun on dialup! I have also played guildwars on dialup. Roflmao
Nice guide, it really blows if your still on dial-up. I never bothered much when i had dial up, my computer/modem would connect at 49.2kbps, anyway nice guide I'm sure a few people are still stuck with it. I would stream a lot of music though on that connection about 32kbps was the best i could get to work. It would stream constantly once it was started, never buffer. The only game i ever played online with dial-up was Mafia-Wars on facebook, until it got old.

-Whats your dial-up connect at?
Great guide, are there still people with dial-up these days? Like Agent says, it'll still suck if you live on dial-up these days. This is a great guide for people getting "limited" internet connections. I used this technique when I played Anarchy Online about 6 or 7 years ago when I had a 200kbps connection. Big Grin
Thanks for the repleys guys! I thought this would be a good guide for people who live where theres not that many connection options.

Ya i purty much have no choice but to live on dialup right nowBlink. 15 miles from a city with broadband both ways. Only way to get a faster connection is to buy a wireless tower which i should be getting next week. Yeye Finally getting out of the stone age of connections my current connection connects at 28 kbps lol.Ohmy Live in the flippen boondocks.
No offense, but this has nothing to do with how to play WoW *faster* on a dial up connection.

All it is is explaining how to DL patches, of which auto downloads when you start the game.

*If you're using a dial up connection, buy all the expansion, otherwise you'll be sitting around for weeks downloading patches.*
Guild wars on dial up, boy that's gotta suck. It takes me at least half an hour to redownload all the crap for an area without dial up (internet still bad though). <.<
(10-15-2009, 05:17 PM)ReVamped Wrote: [ -> ]No offense, but this has nothing to do with how to play WoW *faster* on a dial up connection.

All it is is explaining how to DL patches, of which auto downloads when you start the game.

*If you're using a dial up connection, buy all the expansion, otherwise you'll be sitting around for weeks downloading patches.*

The tut wasn't about how to play WoW *faster* on a dialup connection since you can only play at a certain speed on dialup. It was how to get into the game and play and what your limitations were.Big Grin

(10-15-2009, 06:34 PM)Shinkirou Wrote: [ -> ]Guild wars on dial up, boy that's gotta suck. It takes me at least half an hour to redownload all the crap for an area without dial up (internet still bad though). <.<
Ya it really sucked getting it upgraded to the current version took like a half a day. Would be alot easier if the updates were in patches you could get on mirrored sites.
They still offer dial up? o.o
I thought dial-down was stopped ages ago.. In the UK I don't know of any websites (Which are legit) that are even offering dial-down services.
(10-15-2009, 08:13 PM)HaruhiSuzumiya Wrote: [ -> ]They still offer dial up? o.o

(10-15-2009, 08:41 PM)Codine Wrote: [ -> ]I thought dial-down was stopped ages ago.. In the UK I don't know of any websites (Which are legit) that are even offering dial-down services.

Yup unfortunalty dialup is still the connection for people who live in the middle of nowhere Sad Netzero provides dialup for everyone. +rep if you like this TuT pls Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3