Support Forums

Full Version: [HELP] Serious help please, serious code.. [/HELP]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can someone help me with a code for getting the path of an open application running on the computer, then run the path of the open application. Please, anybody willing to help me out here?...
Here is a piece of code I made that finds the location of the running apps:
Code:
For Each Proc As Process In Process.GetProcesses()
            Try
                TextBox1.AppendText(Proc.MainModule.FileName & vbCrLf)
            Catch
            End Try
    Next
Put this in a button or the form_load and add a TextBox with multiline set to true.
Unfortunately, this does'nt work for all processes because some of them throw a runtime error. That's why I used Try-Catch. Remove it to see what happens.
(01-16-2011, 05:36 AM)thanasis2028 Wrote: [ -> ]Here is a piece of code I made that finds the location of the running apps:
Code:
For Each Proc As Process In Process.GetProcesses()
            Try
            Catch
            End Try
    Next
Put this in a button or the form_load and add a TextBox with multiline set to true.
Unfortunately, this does'nt work for all processes because some of them throw a runtime error. That's why I used Try-Catch. Remove it to see what happens.

awesome it works, but it gets every process thats running when I only want the process that the user types in the textbox. Good code, we just have to find something to revolve around that code.
Ok here is a way to do this:
Code:
For Each Proc As Process In Process.GetProcessesByName(TextBox2.Text)
            Try
            Catch
            End Try
        Next

All I did was change GetProcesses to GetProcessesByName and added a textbox to input the name of the processs
(01-16-2011, 10:54 PM)thanasis2028 Wrote: [ -> ]Ok here is a way to do this:
Code:
For Each Proc As Process In Process.GetProcessesByName(TextBox2.Text)
            Try
            Catch
            End Try
        Next

All I did was change GetProcesses to GetProcessesByName and added a textbox to input the name of the processs

hey thanks bro, I got the code already but really thanks for the effort and help.