Support Forums

Full Version: Problem members.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How do you deal with those members that join your forum just to spam their link around? Of course, the first thing you do is close their account, but when they make more doesn't it start to piss you off?

What do you do then?
Send them a warning through a PM. If they continue to spam, slap them with ban!

Tongue
That's what I do. However, what I asked was, if a member is repeatedly banned yet still comes back doing this stuff, what would be your next course of action?
Edit: Send them a warning. They probably won't care because they trying to make money off of their post. Then ban and block their IP. They probably make another account using VPN. It does piss me off when I was managing a friend forum.
I meant on your own forum(s). Read the thread next time.
(01-15-2011, 12:53 AM)Cee Lo Green Wrote: [ -> ]I meant on your own forum(s). Read the thread next time.

Sorry I eddited the post. I read it but I didn't notice you said its "your" forum.
Blacklist their IP address, simple enough solution.
(01-15-2011, 12:59 AM)Swat Runs Train Wrote: [ -> ]Blacklist their IP address, simple enough solution.

Until they use a VPN or proxy, or TOR or something like that. Lol.
(01-15-2011, 01:01 AM)Cee Lo Green Wrote: [ -> ]Until they use a VPN or proxy, or TOR or something like that. Lol.

Ya there's only so much you can do.
I don't believe warnings do anything. If they do something very minor, then I could see a warning. But other than that, I would go straight to bans/limiting. If that doesn't work, as stated above, blacklist the IP.
Pages: 1 2