Support Forums

Full Version: Your Computing Setup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There isn't really a general computing section, so figured I'd just post this thread here.

What is your computing setup like?

Heres mine, I'll post pictures when I have some spare time.

- Alienware M11x
- X-Rocker Gaming Chair
- Pretty old Apple Mac desktop computer
- JBL Creature II Speakers
- HP ScanJet G2410 Flatbed Scanner
- Crappy Toshiba laptop
- Transcend 8GB Jetflash220 Biometric Security USB Drive
- Texet shredder
- Old HP Printer
- LiteOn External CD/DVD Drive
Mine isn't the best but it works.
-sadly main pc is a HP Pavilion.
-2.4GHz processor, 4GB ram, 500GB HD.
-350GB external Hard Drive.
-got a busted Dell 1737 2.1 processor,No ram, No HD.
-4GB flash drive.
-desk, basic computer chair.
-got a printer, afraid to hook it up, Don't wanna see a blue screen of death.
(01-13-2011, 11:41 PM)Fade Wrote: [ -> ]Mine isn't the best but it works.
-sadly main pc is a HP Pavilion.
-2.4GHz processor, 4GB ram, 500GB HD.
-350GB external Hard Drive.
-got a busted Dell 1737 2.1 processor,No ram, No HD.
-4GB flash drive.
-desk, basic computer chair.
-got a printer, afraid to hook it up, Don't wanna see a blue screen of death.

I have one of my machines as a customized HP pavillion elite. Upgraded from the Vista they had on it to Windows 7 Ultimate, it's a 64 bit.

internal HD with 1TB capacity, and I recently got an external HD with 2TB. 8GB of RAM, Radeon graphics card, (can't remember the exact model name of it right now). I think it runs pretty well though in my opinion.

Once you get away from Vista the weight is lifted from your computer problems.
(01-13-2011, 11:46 PM)Infinity Wrote: [ -> ]I have one of my machines as a customized HP pavillion elite. Upgraded from the Vista they had on it to Windows 7 Ultimate, it's a 64 bit.

internal HD with 1TB capacity, and I recently got an external HD with 2TB. 8GB of RAM, Radeon graphics card, (can't remember the exact model name of it right now). I think it runs pretty well though in my opinion.

Once you get away from Vista the weight is lifted from your computer problems.

yea mine came with windows 7, vista is to much of a load for a pc. Even though windows 7 is only a prettier lighter version of vista. It's 64 bit as well. Just got it the other day, not a bad deal for a few hundred bucks. I would love to have your external HD tho, I was looking at some today.
(01-13-2011, 11:50 PM)Fade Wrote: [ -> ]yea mine came with windows 7, vista is to much of a load for a pc. Even though windows 7 is only a prettier lighter version of vista. It's 64 bit as well. Just got it the other day, not a bad deal for a few hundred bucks. I would love to have your external HD tho, I was looking at some today.

I would agree, Vista should have never been invented, in my opinion, it's the Windows 7 Beta release really. Other than that, I have a few other machines, one of them still has XP on it for compatibility reasons on programs that I need to run.
I still kind of enjoy XP, I'm about to set up a small server with Linux on it. I enjoy windows but Linux has stole my heart. I agree with you about vista is was pretty much a beta version for windows 7.