Support Forums

Full Version: Xbox won't connect to LIVE
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My Xbox 360 won't connect to LIVE when my uTorrent application is running. It doesn't even need to be downloading/uploading something. As long as it's open, it won't allow me to connect. If I close uTorrent, then connect, it works. If I re-open uTorrent, it doesn't disconnect me though.

I'm not sure if it does the same for JDownloader. I'll let you know.

So far, any ideas?
uTorrent uses uPnP to open all ports without messing with the router, could be screwing with your xbox somehow, not sure though. My uTorrent and xbox work fine simultaneously.
It's probably to do with the ports, Utorrent uses something called uPnP, and I have a feeling your xbox somehow is trying to connect to live via the same things it's changing.
Any suggestions? Steps I can try to resolve the issue? Because my uTorrent properties have always been the same and this problem occurred recently.
You could try opening/forwarding the ports relevant to xbox, it's different for each ISP/router though, beyond that I really have no idea.

Perhaps double check your uTorrent settings etc.
Turn uPnP off, that'll work.
(01-13-2011, 01:32 PM)Perfection Wrote: [ -> ]Turn uPnP off, that'll work.

Won't that affect uTorrent?
Go on your xbox network settings, and go on "Reset to factory defaults". It fixed it for me ages ago.
(01-14-2011, 09:35 AM)Hot Chocolate Wrote: [ -> ]Go on your xbox network settings, and go on "Reset to factory defaults". It fixed it for me ages ago.

I tried that. It's weird. It only connects once in a while, randomly. I can't seem to find what's causing it not to though.
Try opening port 3074 on your router and make your you assign it to your xbox. That should keep any other programs from accessing that port.
Pages: 1 2