Support Forums

Full Version: Windows not booting..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm on linux right now but windows isnt booting.

I disabled my antivirus(I think it was interfering with something) and restarted the computer and when I turned it back on it was REALLY slow. I finally enabled my AV and it said it requires a restart to remove some infections so I restart...and now it hangs on the windows starting screen. Sometimes it gets past that but its a black screen with my mouse.
Infections might have corrupted Windows. By chance can you go into safe mode? If you can't. this confirms your Windows is corrupted. In this case, you can try using Windows disc to do a repair.

If you can get into safe mode, you can hit "Run" and enter "sfc /scannow"

Have you tried to wait it out and maybe Windows will complete the load?
Ok, I tried safe mode and it was still a black screen with my mouse's ability to move.

I also tried using a recovery disc and startup repair found nothing and system restore said it failed.
Any help?
You can tried to hit F8 till you get various options and select "Last Known Good Configuration".
F8 brings me to the safe mode screen.
I've had this problem a few times, it's the black screen of death, sometimes you get it with your mouse and other times you don't, and it comes up with the flashing dos line.

You don't get any errors though or anything? Does your computer make any weird sounds when you boot it up? Have you checked your settings in the BIOS. Sometimes your BIOS settings revert to a different configuration. I haven't really figured out why it does that though. You should check them though just in case.

If you had any beeping sounds, then I would guess that it would be a RAM problem, and you could reseat them. Your computer isn't dusty inside the tower or anything like that either?

(01-12-2011, 11:32 PM)Death Trap™ Wrote: [ -> ]Infections might have corrupted Windows. By chance can you go into safe mode? If you can't. this confirms your Windows is corrupted. In this case, you can try using Windows disc to do a repair.

If you can get into safe mode, you can hit "Run" and enter "sfc /scannow"

Have you tried to wait it out and maybe Windows will complete the load?

You dont' even need to be in safe mode to use that command. But it might be due to corrupted system files as well.
(01-14-2011, 02:17 PM)Infinity Wrote: [ -> ]I've had this problem a
You dont' even need to be in safe mode to use that command. But it might be due to corrupted system files as well.

I thought its corrupted system files. AV might have removed an essential windows file that might have been infected. If so, it cause the system to be unstable and black screen of death appears.

Probably you can try using A/V bootable rescue disk to help scan for possible other infections. Click here for AV Rescue Discs.
But why was the computer slow before all of this happened...?

I'm so confused. I guess the boot up files are messed up.
(01-14-2011, 02:40 PM)Laugh Wrote: [ -> ]But why was the computer slow before all of this happened...?

I'm so confused. I guess the boot up files are messed up.

There could be more than one reason for that, but that doesn't mean that it's not due to a corrupted file. If your hard drive is fragmented it will take longer to boot, before important files are damaged.

File's will change as well for system changes. Microsoft isn't perfect.
Pages: 1 2