Support Forums

Full Version: Jumping Cursor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i'll be typing and then all of a sudden the cursor will jump up and end up either somewhere in my paragraph (just randomly) or it will jump to a whole nother page on the same page. it just started a few days ago.
help.

GoldiLX
Are you on a laptop? Mine does that as well sometimes..
Are you using roller mouse? If you are, open and clean inside of it. Dust and dirt can clog the mouse and when placed down on the surface can cause the roller to move unexpectedly.

also it might just be that your batteries are low so it is skipping
(01-14-2011, 10:30 PM)RRain Wrote: [ -> ]also it might just be that your batteries are low so it is skipping

Don't be ridiculous.

If you're using a touch pad (on your laptop, if it's a laptop), it's normal. Mine does it too when it gets dirty. Rub it down with a table cloth or something... Make sure the cloth is dry first obviously.
Would you happen to be using a laptop?
(01-15-2011, 12:56 PM)Untouch Wrote: [ -> ]Would you happen to be using a laptop?

I would have to wonder the same, touchpads aren't as good as a mouse, and they are more difficult to use as well so I never use mine with my laptop.

If you're typing, make sure your palms aren't touching the screen either. I know lots of the touchpads are put in the center just below the spacebar.

If you touch the pad in a corner with one finger, and use another finger on your opposite hand to touch somewhere else on the pad and you take one of your fingers off the pad, you'll notice that sometimes it skips.

Otherwise clean it, and see if that fixes the problem. I dont see it being anything but a 'physical' problem. I doubt there's anything wrong with your system and it's recognition of the cursor from the laptop touchpad or whatever your using.

If you are using a mouse, then you'll have to post an update to let us know. But right now i'm 95% sure that it's from a laptop touchpad?
Yes, it's most likely a laptop touchpad. If not, he probably has a mouse with a roller on the bottom of it. If that is the case, try cleaning it, and removing any particles that may prevent it from rolling smoothly. Or try upgrading to a laser mouse.