Support Forums

Full Version: Very Slow Computer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Computer has been running very slow lately. Ran Malwarebytes a few days ago. It didn't help much although it did remove what it found. Tried running ESET but it asked me to sign up for a free 30 day trial to continue?

Logs:

SAS : http://pastebin.com/7gMUZ7XB

MalwareBytes : http://pastebin.com/ejtVMi40

HJT : http://pastebin.com/mZzmQKKe

DDS : http://pastebin.com/nwpCpahB

DDS Attach : http://pastebin.com/XrDkYjb1

(01-09-2011, 09:25 PM)Respecт Wrote: [ -> ]Not saying the type of service you will get here is bad, but you should definitely post this on HackForums.

There are alot of people standing by to help you, heres a link:
http://www.hackforums.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=110

They're all part of the HJT team dw Smile
Try cleaning your pc, it might help! Get TuneUp ultilities 2011 and get rid of the crap that makes your pc slow Smile
(01-09-2011, 09:25 PM)Respecт Wrote: [ -> ]Not saying the type of service you will get here is bad, but you should definitely post this on HackForums.

There are alot of people standing by to help you, heres a link:
http://www.hackforums.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=110

you shouldn't be posting hackforum links on SupportForums at all. Review the rules and you'll see
(01-09-2011, 09:23 PM)SleepyTroll Wrote: [ -> ]Tried running ESET but it asked me to sign up for a free 30 day trial to continue?

That would be located at the very last part, meaning you have completed the scan. Where is the log?
(01-11-2011, 08:56 AM)Quintus Wrote: [ -> ]That would be located at the very last part, meaning you have completed the scan. Where is the log?

It didn't give me a log =\
Greetings,

Whilst I am in the process of scrutinizing your complete set of provided logs for any possible infections or problems, I ask for your forbearance. Understand that the process of analysis requires time and careful examination hence the need for a cautious response. Accuracy is of the essence. Once I come across infections, I shall present the finest methods of removal for your convenience.

In return for this service, I propose to you two conditions:
  1. You are not to create any new threads regarding the similar topic as it will waste another helper's time.
  2. You are not to install any new software in your system, as it may hinder our process thus making this futile.
In accordance to my terms, I also ask of you six things, stated below:
  1. You are not to modify the logs in any way. Failure to do so will instantly deprive you of this service.
  2. You are to paste each log separately at PasteBin as it is. That is correct, no syntax highlighting, no editing - just the log purely. Post back the links for each log. You shall not hide them under spoiler codes.
  3. You are to provide the complete set of requested logs.
  4. You are to keep all your trusted tools that the scanners may detect in a password protected archive. This is to prevent them from being deleted as we've had complaints or refusal to use the scanner for this reason.
  5. You are to respond to every step I ask you to do using the format provided at the end of my post.
  6. You agree that I have the right to discontinue the analysis at any time, upon a violation of a single rule.
Provided that you will continue with this service, you hereby agree to the above statements. If you deem the conditions are portraying equality, I will willingly perform the analysis without further delay. Should you have any concerns or problems with the above conditions, or if you feel that I have overlooked your log, do inform me through a Private Message by clicking 'this'.

Thank you.

Genuinely yours,
Quintus
  • Optional Pre-Step

With regard to my fourth condition, here are the steps on how to password protect your trusted tools momentarily. Do note that I would advise you to remove all the infections present in your system as I am not certain of the sources of these programs thereby I will not be able to verify whether they are backdoored or not.

You are doing this at your own risk.
    • Create a new folder with the name of your choice.
    • Gather all of your tools into that folder.
    • If you do not have a file compressor, download '7-Zip' and install it.
    • After doing so, navigate to the said folder and right-click.
      • You are now presented with options.
      • Please chose 7-Zip > Add to Archive.
      • Under the Archive Name, enter any name you wish.
      • Set the Archive Format to 7z.
      • Set the Compression Level to Ultra.
      • Under Encryption fill in the Password field twice. You can tick Show Password if you desire.
      • When everything is done, click OK.
    • Wait for some time. The waiting time is determined by the size of your files.
    • 7-Zip will have produced the file for you.
    • Now we test the file by Right-click > 7-Zip > Extract Here.
    • A prompt asking you for the password should appear.
    • Select Cancel as this is for testing purposes only.
    • Now delete the other folder, empty your Recycle Bin and proceed with the instructions.
Note: After I have declared you ALL CLEAN, you may extract your files and dispose of the protected archive.
  • Pre-Step

Click 'here' to download Temp File Cleaner by OldTimer. Save it to your Desktop.
    • Close any open windows.
    • Double-click TFC.exe and select 'Run' when prompted to execute the program. It will close all open programs itself in order to run.
    • Click the Start button to begin the cleaning process.
    • Please let the program run uninterruptedly.
    • Once the cleaning has been done, your computer should automatically reboot. Otherwise, please do so when it does not.
  • Prerequisite

If you are having a problem running HijackThis as Administrator, please follow the steps below.
    • Go to My Computer and navigate to your default disc drive (C: is the most common).
    • Go to Program Files > Trend Micro > HijackThis.
    • Right-click HiJackThis.exe and run it as Administrator.
  • Step 1

Please run HijackThis as Administrator. Click 'Do a system scan only' and place a check next to the following line(s) if present:

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - (no file)
    O2 - BHO: MediaBar - {0974BA1E-64EC-11DE-B2A5-E43756D89593} - C:\PROGRA~1\BEARSH~1\MediaBar\ToolBar\BearshareMediabarDx.dll (file missing)
    O2 - BHO: (no name) - {5C255C8A-E604-49b4-9D64-90988571CECB} - (no file)
    O2 - BHO: (no name) - {9D425283-D487-4337-BAB6-AB8354A81457} - (no file)
    O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {49E73CC4-AD74-4A61-A583-E91CB9DF0D8C} - (no file)
    O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {9D425283-D487-4337-BAB6-AB8354A81457} - (no file)
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows Defender] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe -hide

Then, close all other open windows and click 'Fix Checked'. You are to reboot your system afterwards.
  • Step 2

Please run a free online scan with ESET Online Scanner by downloading ESET Smart Installer 'here'. Save it to your Desktop.
    • Double-click esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe to execute the program.
    • Tick 'YES, I accept the Terms of Use'.
    • Click 'Start'.
    • If this is your first time installing the scanner, allow the 'ActiveX Control' to install.
    • Database download may take some time.
    • When done, make sure that the option 'Remove found threats' is ticked. Under the and 'Advanced Settings', please put a check on the following options:
      • Scan for potentially unwanted applications
      • Enable Anti-Stealth Technology
    • Click 'Start'.
    • Wait for the scan to finish.
    • Once it is finished, use Notepad to open the logfile located at C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Online Scanner\log.txt.
    • Copy and paste that log as a reply to this topic.
  • Step 3

Besides compromising network security, their association with illegal file-sharing creates legal liabilities for their employers. More often than not, companies aren't aware of software license violations and other infractions their workers commit through file-sharing.

More from 'this' article.

I notice there are signs of one or more P2P (Person to Person) File Sharing Programs on your computer. Your system is at risk. Even if you are using a safe P2P program, it is only the program that is safe. You will be sharing files from uncertified sources, and these are often infected. The bad guys use P2P filesharing as a major conduit to spread their wares.

I strongly recommend that you uninstall the following program(s) present in your system through Add or Remove Programs for Windows XP and Programs and Features for Vista and Windows 7:
    • µTorrent

Note: If you choose not to remove the program(s), please do not use them until this computer is clean.

Here is the list of Safe and Unsafe P2P Programs.

Clean
    • Ares
    • Azureus 2.5.0.0
    • BitComet
    • Bittorrent
    • E-Mule
    • Frostwire
    • Limewire
    • µTorrent

Unsafe
    • Azureus Vuze
    • BearShare
    • Bitlord
    • BittorrentUltra
    • iMesh

You can see more of that 'here'.
  • Step 4

Your current copy of Java Runtime Environment is outdated. Older versions contain vulnerabilities therefore it is essential that you update it.
    • To get the latest version of Java please go 'here'.
    • Go to 'Start' > 'Control Panel' > 'Programs and Features'.
    • Search in the list for all previous installed versions of Java. You currently have:
      • Java™ 6 Update 20
      • Java™ SE Development Kit 6 Update 17
    • Choose 'Uninstall'.
    • Now install the version(s) you downloaded earlier.
  • In your next post, please provide the following:
    • A Fresh HijackThis (HJT) Log
    • Deckard's System Scanner (DDS) Logs
      • DDS.txt
      • Attach.txt
    • ESET Scan Log
  • Format of Response

As part of my service terms, you are to fill this up everytime you respond to your log. Copy and paste the content inside the code box and write directly after the closing tags. Do not add spaces as they are already provided. An exception applies to the numbers, as they are to be written after the # sign.

Step #1: Change the number accordingly.
    Problems Encountered: Put N/A if the operation went smoothly.

Link To Requested Logs: Post the links to the logs I have asked you to produce.

• Code:
    [color=#00BFFF][b]Step #[/b][/color]
    [color=#FFD700][b]Problems Encountered:[/b][/color]

[color=#00BFFF][b]Link To Requested Logs:[/b][/color]
Step 1
Problems Encountered: N/A

Step 2

Step 3

Step 4

Link To Requested Logs:

HJT : http://pastebin.com/7wawJqgv

DDS: http://pastebin.com/0tFtLKuA

DDS Attach : http://pastebin.com/4LkMTi7u

ESET : http://pastebin.com/8299J0kE
Please uninstall Java™ 6 Update 22.
  • Step 5

"An antivirus (or anti-virus) software is used to prevent, detect, and remove malware, including computer viruses, worms, and Trojan horses. Such programs may also prevent and remove adware, spyware, and other forms of malware."

I noticed that you do not have an anti-virus installed in your system presently. Do understand that you are making yourself defenseless against malware. Though it is plausible that caution can somehow prevent infection, it is still advisable to install an anti-virus. An anti-virus and a firewall are crucial to your system's security. Without both, reinfection is imminent after a clean. Here are lists of well-known and proven softwares.
  • Free Anti-Viruses
    • A-Squared Free
      • Emsisoft's A-Squared boasts two scanners: Anti-Spyware + Anti-Virus. It has topped the detection test performed by the Malware Research Group in June 2009. In addition, considerable performance improvement is possible thanks to the integration of the two engines on the lowest level.
    • Avast! Free
      • Avast! Free anti-virus is perfect for people who send e-mails and surf popular websites. It has a state of the art scanning engine provides reliable protection against viruses, spyware and other forms of malicious software.
    • Avira AntiVir - Personal Edition
      • Avira AntiVir protects your computer against dangerous viruses, worms, Trojans and costly dialers. It is known to have the highest detection presently and it is from a reputable company.
    • BitDefender Free Edition
      • BitDefender Free Edition uses the same ICSA Labs certified scanning engines found in other BitDefender products, allowing you to enjoy basic virus protection for no cost at all.
    • PC Tools AntiVirus Free
      • PC Tools AntiVirus Free provides basic protection against known viruses, worms and Trojans. You are protected against basic cyber threats attempting to gain access to your PC.
  • Paid Anti-Viruses
    • Avast! Pro Antivirus
      • Avast! Pro Antivirus is a full-featured antivirus software. Better than their free anti-virus, especially for web surfing, but without the firewall and anti-spam included in Avast! Internet Security. Also if you wish to customize your security, this is the recommended software.
    • Avira AntiVir Premium
      • Avira AntiVir Premium contains all the things its free version has plus real-time on-access scanning, profile-based on-demand scans and scheduling of full system scanning and updates, it offers premium protection.
    • ESET NOD32 Antivirus
      • ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4 sports the fastest, most effective technology available to protect you from viruses and spyware without slowing you down while you work or play.
    • Kaspersky Anti-Virus
      • Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2010 – the backbone of your PC’s security system - offers protection from a range of IT threats and provides the basic tools needed to protect your PC.
From the list above, choose one, click on the name of the program that suites you best, download it and proceed to the installation. You can either choose the free version or purchase a full version. Regardless, having one is truly an aid to your computer's defense capability. If you are having a hard time choosing, consider looking at 'AV-Comparatives: Anti-Virus Comparative February 2010'. If you'd rather let me pick one for you, please allow me to do so by telling me your Internet usage, computer specifications such as your Operating System, Service Pack version and other relevant details.
I have uninstalled the Java.

I have chosen not to download and anti virus for various reasons.
Pages: 1 2 3