Support Forums

Full Version: [Rate] My signature
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, I was bored one day, I know I'm no GFX master or anything, but I'm trying to learn, and all I have to use is Gimp, wish I had PhotoShop.

[Image: assassincreed1-1.jpg]

Comments? I know it's not that great, took me 5 minutes to put together and I just want to see people's thoughts, don't be too mean xD Hopefully I get better reading all these awesome tutorials on here and Hack forums.
What's stopping you from getting Photoshop?

But, you should more time than 5 minutes to put a piece together. The main problem here is just the text.
You have two different sets of text ("Hysteria X" and "Respect is earned, never given") in two different areas of the signature, and they're quite too big, which is taking away from the focal point, which is the render, around the face area.

My suggestion is to shrink down the text, put Hysteria X on top, and the other set under it. Maybe put it near the face, but not too close to where it covers it or makes it look ugly.

Also, just keep reading tutorials and trying over and over again. You'll get better. Good luck.
(01-09-2011, 07:06 PM)Cybr Wrote: [ -> ]What's stopping you from getting Photoshop?

But, you should more time than 5 minutes to put a piece together. The main problem here is just the text.
You have two different sets of text ("Hysteria X" and "Respect is earned, never given") in two different areas of the signature, and they're quite too big, which is taking away from the focal point, which is the render, around the face area.

My suggestion is to shrink down the text, put Hysteria X on top, and the other set under it. Maybe put it near the face, but not too close to where it covers it or makes it look ugly.

Also, just keep reading tutorials and trying over and over again. You'll get better. Good luck.

Thanks for the constructive criticism, I appreciate it and I agree with you on all the points you made. I'm just learning everything I can do with the signature, thought I'd post to see what I'm doing wrong. Also, for some reason whenever I download PS, it won't work on my 64 Bit operating system, always saying it won't run. Can't seem to find one for a 64.
I think it looks good I'd give it an 8.5/10. I have to say its better than I could do for sure.