Support Forums

Full Version: Lost my iPod Touch..help? :/
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So we are moving this weekend, and I brought my iPod Touch to the new apartment. My mom told me to let me little sister play with it. I didn't wanna let her, but my mom forced me to, so I gave it to her. She kept annoying everyone with it, and then I dunno where she put it.

Anyway, I forgot I had given her my iPod, so I go into my new room and look for it. I can't find it anywhere.

We've unpacked the WHOLE apartment and we still haven't found it...
We've already looked in our two cars, the moving truck, my friend's backpack (he was helping us move - and please don't say he stole it...he never would kay? ;]).

No sign of it anywhere. I never installed the Find my iPod app. I don't know if it was automatically connected to our WiFi after we moved. I have NO idea how I could find it. We (me, my mom, my dad, my sister) have looked for it EVERYWHERE.

How can I find it with the WiFi or something? The bluetooth isn't turned on, or else I would have used my phone to search for bluetooth connections.
The only thing to do here is look for it. Is it under warrante? Do you have insurance? Could you say it was stolen and claim a new one?
Yeah, just keep looking. I don't think the iPod can connect to the WiFi automatically without it being told to do so.

Sorry to hear your loss. You could ring up Apple and ask them what to do as well?
@TriGz - mine would automatically connect to my home wifi at my old house.
@Sam - It's the 4th generation, so I think it's still under warranty. I dunno about insurance. How would I get a new one for free if I claimed stolen?
Isn't there something that comes with the ipod that locates it for you? like a 1 month trial? I can't remember, correct me if i'm wrong.
I dunno Ryan. If you find out PLEASE post ^^
You should have gotten the app that locates your lost apple product like Ryan mentioned. Google it, Im not sure if it already comes pre-installed into the ipad.
It's only for 4.2 I believe. And there's no JB out for that yet :/
(01-13-2011, 09:07 AM)Twicks Wrote: [ -> ]It's only for 4.2 I believe. And there's no JB out for that yet :/

Where have you been for the last 2 months? Redsn0w can jailbreak 4.2.

Anyways if your ipod is out of your wifi range the finder app is rather useless, works best on 3g devices like iphone/ipad.
Found it yet? LOL.
Pages: 1 2