Support Forums

Full Version: My Alienware M17x Review
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I had to write a review for English at school, so I decided to review the Alienware M17x. The review scored me an A+ which I was pretty happy with. I thought I'd post it here incase some of you would like to take a look at it. Thanks.

Image Here (Click to View)

Alienware M17x Review

Alienware’s M17x, unanimously referred to as the most powerful gaming machine on the planet, has revolutionised the computing world with its alien-like capabilities. With the world’s most powerful mobile processor, the M17x puts shame to any desktop gaming machine.

Released on 30 June 2009, this incredibly advanced notebook has taken the computing and gaming worlds by storm. The M17x, Alienware’s latest model, is one jam-packed laptop with everything you could ever hope for in a notebook. Unfortunately, such advanced capabilities come at a rather hefty price tag.

The M17x’s Intel® Core™2 Extreme Quad 2.53GHz processor has the ability to run Crysis (one of the most resource-demanding computer games) on maximum specifications in superb fashion with ATI CrossFireXTM – Dual 1GB ATI RadeonTM Mobility HD 4870, or in layman’s terms, the most amazing visual experience any graphics card can produce.

This supreme gaming machine can also be crammed with 8GB RAM, which is around four times the memory of an ordinary tower unit.

I should also mention that Alienware has customizability options superior to any other computer manufacturer. The M17x can be packed with 1 terabyte of hard drive storage or with a 500GB Solid State Drive – it’s up to you. Furthermore, if you’re really keen, the M17x has the ability to have its optical drive removed and replaced with another hard drive of up to 1 terabyte in capacity. So when it comes to disk space, the M17x has got you covered with up to 2 terabytes of available storage – yes, that’s another world-first.

The fun doesn’t stop there, with a 17-inch WideUXGA 1920x1200 (1200p) screen resolution, visual quality is enhanced to the next level. If you aren’t into gaming that much, the M17x’s Slot-Load Dual Layer Blu-ray Burner will help you produce your own, cinematic experience in full high definition for your viewing pleasure.

The only real con of the M17x is the price. The Alienware M17x starts at $1799 for minimal specifications, but if you want to really harness the M17x’s true power, it’ll cost around $4500. If money isn’t an issue, it’s recommended to go all out and maximize your specifications for optimum performance.

At such a high price, you wouldn’t want anything to happen to your M17x, which is why it’s covered by a 4 year limited hardware warranty. You’ll also be able to claim in-home service after remote diagnosis.

Though this beast of a machine may be a little financially adventurous, the performance and extreme capabilities of this stylish notebook are sure to win you over. With the most powerful processor, the most reliable memory, and a picture hard to obtain on a 40-inch television, the M17x is an exceedingly comprehensive notebook. This is the true gaming machine.
You forgot to mention the bad battery life, underclocked hardware, and the fact any desktop machine worth it's money will destroy it. Also, Falcon NW makes a better laptop. Very well written review though. I can see why it got you an A.
(10-17-2009, 10:47 AM)Raptor Jesus Wrote: [ -> ]You forgot to mention the bad battery life, underclocked hardware, and the fact any desktop machine worth it's money will destroy it. Also, Falcon NW makes a better laptop. Very well written review though. I can see why it got you an A.

You cant ask for good battery life with that kind of laptop. And any more overclocked it would overheat.
I enjoyed your review tho.
Thanks for your feedback. I had a word limit of around 400 words and I would have liked to have spoken about things such as battery life and what not, but I was really getting a bit carried away. It's also supposed to take a perspective and an opinion, and in mine, it's quite a remarkable machine.
Once again, thank-you for your input.
I liked reading your review.

I have been wanting to get my hands on this machine, or a Dell XPS m1730, cause it looks cool haha.
(10-17-2009, 06:46 PM)ProspectDotNet Wrote: [ -> ]I liked reading your review.

I have been wanting to get my hands on this machine, or a Dell XPS m1730, cause it looks cool haha.

They don't even look like laptops. It's like a combination of an extra terrestrial being and a hunk of metal. Still, it's very impressive.
You forgot to indent Big Grin
(10-17-2009, 06:51 PM)nevets04 Wrote: [ -> ]You forgot to indent Big Grin

If you look at the picture I included, you'll notice that it's in the columns. Because it's a review for a newspaper, you're not meant to indent (was specifically told this by my English teacher). Well spotted though.
What's its battery life? How many cells does it consist of?
(10-17-2009, 07:21 PM)D3N Wrote: [ -> ]What's its battery life? How many cells does it consist of?

It's up to you really, but you can get 24 lithium ion cells because the CD/DVD drive can be replaced with another 12 cells.
Pages: 1 2 3