Support Forums

Full Version: ◄Useful Programs►
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I decided to make a list of programs that you might want to have on your computer which is running Windows 7. I've categorized them for easier navigation to find a program that will fulfill your needs. All of these programs i have listed are freeware, but some may be only trial-versions for a certain amount of days until the program will prompt you to purchase the full product or the program stays in un-usable state.

Optimizing software
Registry fixing & Junk file cleaning tools
Disk Defragging tools
Other
Diagnostics
If this helped you out, please post a simple thanks if you wish.

Cheers,
J4mmy
Tuneup Utilities 2011 (15-days trial version)
This is the best program I have had in my pc so far if we talk about maintenence and that.
Thanks for the list Smile
Great list! Glary Utilities is a nice alternative for those who can't pay for the paid version of TuneUp Utilities.

Here're some that you might add. I don't personally know where they'd fit under your categories, but here they are anyway.

Launchy is a program similar to Gnome-Do on Linux. You simply type in the first few letters of an application's name, hit 'enter', and it'll launch it.

LightScreen is an excellent screenshot utility that can take screenshots of a selection, a window, or the entire screen. You can also assign these functions to hotkeys.
Thanks for the positive feedback, and i am willing to add all suggestions to the OP that are approven as working ones and do not contain anything harmful. Thanks Elektrisk for suggesting those two. Added them to OP!
You should add Smart Defrag in the the defragmenting programs. Nonetheless, some good programs here. Smile
That is a great list you have compiled. I feel the list is sort of incomplete. You should add some diagnostic tools like Memtest etc.
Great list ;) I HIGHLY recommend "Unlocker" it is one of the best handy tools I've seen in a LONG TIME.
Updated the post! Thanks for suggestions and feedback. I'll continue updating this thread by adding all suggestions and the software i find useful!
Great ;) Now its much better, great list man! Keep it up!
Unlocker is a great tool in my opinion. Found it a while ago and I still enjoy using it to kill locked processes without having to restart or close them manually myself in taskmanager if I know which process it is.
Pages: 1 2